I now have 1994 Jennifer Anniston hair FML

(112 Posts)
chibi Wed 27-May-15 17:30:08

I asked for something different that would suit me and this is what I now have.

Can anyone who had this hairstyle 20 years ago give me an idea as to how long it will take to grow out?

Also, fuck my life sad

JimmyCorkhill Wed 27-May-15 17:31:23

Isn't the 90's look back in fashion now? <grasps at straws>

chibi Wed 27-May-15 17:33:05

Ha ha ha

No.

The best part is it is so choppy and layered I can't tie it back

JoanHickson Wed 27-May-15 17:35:34

Wow that sounds like a short version.

When you get the top layers at a decent length do a Westminster Bob. Currently sported by Teresa/Harriet. grin

Happyfriday Wed 27-May-15 17:36:08

When this happened to me, I had all the wispy bits cut off and ended up with a short bob and started from scratch. It sounds drastic but it was better.

OatcakeCravings Wed 27-May-15 17:36:56

90's fashion most definitely in at the mo!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 27-May-15 17:39:11

Westminster Bob?
(I'd Google but I don't think it's A Real Thing somehow grin )

the Rachel might be okay after you've washed it and let it settle?

I'd trade the Rachel for the growing -out-Pixie I;m sporting (looks a bit White Dee at the moment)

chibi Wed 27-May-15 17:39:43

It is beyond shit.

the best part is I have thick curly hair so will need to style this fucking mess within an inch of its life if I am ever to leave the house without making small children cry

chibi Wed 27-May-15 17:40:33

2015 and I gave the fucking Rachel

I am never ever going to a salon again ever ever ever

UmiSays Wed 27-May-15 17:42:08

I asked for 'a few layers at the front' last September. I got the Rachel but WITH a weird fringe.

Almost nine months later, the fringe has just about grown out and I am wearing my hair down again (only JUST)...layers have grown out enough that I dont feel desperate about them. And my hair grows quite fast, sorry to say.

Fuck that evil hairdresser!

JoanHickson Wed 27-May-15 17:43:31

I made the Westminster bob name up. grin I think it's the new Lady of a certain age replacement for a Man's haircut that overtook the blue rince.

chibi Wed 27-May-15 17:43:46

Nine months, bloody hell.

My hair had only just recovered from some mad stylist taking thinning shears to it

Oh man, I did this on a recommendation from a friend, today's original plan was to go see mad max

nancy75 Wed 27-May-15 17:44:11

Try having it curly, I have what sounds like similar hair to you and I would never be able to straighten it with lots of choppy bits. I hate hairdressers that don't think about how you will dry it yourself

cookielove Wed 27-May-15 17:44:49

Oh no!!

I have frizzy hair and always sling it back so I know how you feel!

Sad times!

chibi Wed 27-May-15 17:44:52

I had though about getting the wispy bits chopped off but I think safer to pin back what I can and just will it to grow

UmiSays Wed 27-May-15 17:45:49

The pain eased, chibi. I'll be honest...for about two months I choked back tears every time I looked in the mirror. I wore my hair pinned up in an odd sort of chignon style for a long time. It was just SO shit and took forever to blowdry to look only slightly less shit.

I still hate Jennifer Aniston.

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 27-May-15 17:48:19

I asked for "the Rachel" back in the 90's (don't judge. I was youngish and stupid). I came out looking like the love child of Rod Stewart and Anthea Turner confused

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 27-May-15 17:51:36

Many years ago, I went in and asked for my hair to be cut "like Natalie Barnes" (Coronation Street Landlady, they knew who I meant)

I left looking like Hayley Cropper shock

This was in the 90s, the decade that style forgot.

JoanHickson Wed 27-May-15 17:51:56

grin Anthea still has that hairstyle.

chibi Wed 27-May-15 17:52:55

the worst part is how very stupid I feel

And I am 40, so on a downward spiral looks wise anyway. By the time this grows out, I'll be 45?

Might as well just get some sensible mum cut and wear polyester slacks ffs

Penguinsaresmall Wed 27-May-15 17:56:35

Why dont you show us a pic so we can offer some constructive advice? grin

chibi Wed 27-May-15 18:00:37

I really want to shave it off

chibi Wed 27-May-15 18:01:19

Just awful. I think if I pin back the front it is less terrible?

Maybe?

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 27-May-15 18:02:45

Maybe get hair extensions and go for a Katie Price instead...?

SwedishEdith Wed 27-May-15 18:03:18

Is it like this? Can you just get the bottom 2 or so inches chopped off so it's like an inverted messy bob thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now