Talk

Advanced search

Matron of Honour dress for a low key wedding

(14 Posts)
AvonleaAnne Wed 27-May-15 08:54:04

My brother and his fiancée are getting married in just over a week. It was only decided about two weeks ago as she is leaving the country for work. I am very lucky to have been asked to be matron of honour at the wedding and I need to find a dress to wear. The wedding is very low key though (although it is a church wedding) and I want to make sure I don't choose something more bridey than the bride!

This is the dress the bride is wearing. I'll put a couple of things I quite like in a post below.

If it helps I am 35, 5'9" and a hourglass size 8. I have long brown hair and am pale and covered in freckles!
Please help me. Thank you in advance flowers

AvonleaAnne Wed 27-May-15 08:56:40

These are two outfits I have seen so far (without the flower headband!). Do they look ok with the brides dress? Are they too much?

I will clear everything with the bride before I buy but I need some ideas to show her first!

AvonleaAnne Wed 27-May-15 14:35:32

Just thought maybe nobody can see the photos. So here is a link to the bride's dress.
m.coast-stores.com/anyana-duchess-satin-dress/all-dresses/coast/fcp-product/1465898?locale=en
Probably I'm just Billy No Mates but I'm in denial grin

WishUponAStar88 Wed 27-May-15 14:38:37

I think the blue dress matches the brides better smile how exciting!

daimbardiva Wed 27-May-15 14:43:00

I really like the cobalt blue one - great colour and simple, elegant style with a wee bit of an edge ��

marmaladegranny Wed 27-May-15 14:44:13

The style of the blue dress is ok although personally I think the frilly bit is out of kilter with the plainer style of the bride's dress.
Have you gone for the mid - dark blue to pick up the colour in the bride's dress? One of the other colours in the bride's dress may be better for a spring / summer wedding as the blue is rather dominant. Could you find (and could you wear) a similar style in one of the pinks?

marmaladegranny Wed 27-May-15 14:46:20

Just realised there is second dress! No to the one with headband - it needs to be plain to complement the bride's dress.

AvonleaAnne Wed 27-May-15 14:49:39

Thank you for replying!

AvonleaAnne Wed 27-May-15 14:54:32

That is a good point about needing to be plain.

I did want to find something in a pink but everything I have seen is very pastel pink and I was worried that might clash. I think I need to keep looking and go for the blue if I don't find anything else. I was trying to match with the blue in the dress but maybe it is a bit too bright.

EvilTwins Wed 27-May-15 14:58:02

www.coast-stores.com/gracie-crepe-dress/short-dresses/coast/fcp-product/1390721?locale=en

AvonleaAnne Wed 27-May-15 15:05:58

Evil - I really like that! I am really rubbish at matching colours. Is that a better shade of blue?

AvonleaAnne Wed 27-May-15 15:06:21

And thank you for taking the time to post.

EvilTwins Wed 27-May-15 15:11:06

I think it picks up one of the blues in the bride's dress but might be better to look in the flesh, IYSWIM. Have you got a Coast nearby?

Tizwailor Wed 27-May-15 16:05:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now