Talk

Advanced search

Handcream recs needed please!

(42 Posts)
Horsemad Tue 26-May-15 21:21:08

My poor hands! So dry and wrinkly looking. sad most handcreams make my hands feel lovely when I put them on, but within 15 mins, it's as if I'd never bothered.
There must be a fantastic hand cream out there somewhere? One that keeps my skin feeling silky after it's been absorbed?

thetropicmama7 Tue 26-May-15 21:26:16

The neutrogena Norwegian formula is the best I've tried so far but even then it feels sticky for a bit after applying.

BikeRunSki Tue 26-May-15 21:26:58

Dr Hashuka Rose Hand Cream

Dm's partner bought me a tube when dd was born as he remembered all the hand washing that goes with babies. I've asked for more every birthday and Christmas since.

TrashcanMan Tue 26-May-15 21:27:09

I have this problem too. Have spent a lot of money over the past year trying to treat my dry wrinkly hands. Have just started using Kiels handcream, and it's really good. Not greasy, sinks in quickly, and leaves my hands feeling soft. I just have to keep remembering to put it on!

applecatchers36 Tue 26-May-15 21:27:22

Body Shop Almond hand cream is very nice.

ReallyNotMe Tue 26-May-15 21:28:47

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005PA0UV4?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

This. Not very glam but really works and is the only thing I have used in recent years which doesn't irritate my skin.

cuntyMcCunterson Tue 26-May-15 21:30:43

L'occotaine (sp?) Shea butter hand cream is great. Costs s bit more than sins but it's s huge tube and it really works for my dry scaley hands.

Catswiththumbs Tue 26-May-15 21:31:47

Kiehls is the absolute best, highly recommend it.

YoniMitchell Tue 26-May-15 21:32:03

My hands are really dry and witchy looking unless I use Eucerin hand cream. It works immediately and keeps working for ages. Since i saw a reco for it on here I now also use their body lotion and face cream when I'm feeling particularly knackered or run down. Amazing stuff it totally un-glam looking on the bathroom shelf!

Horsemad Tue 26-May-15 21:33:37

Wow, quick response, thanks smile

I've got the Neutrogena Norwegian one, but I find it doesn't sink in and sort of 'sits' on top of my skin.

I really need to invest in some good moisturiser as my skin seems very dry all over (thanks, menopause angry )

TheRealNightsWatch Tue 26-May-15 21:34:41

L'occitane Shea butter one is gorgeous.

Smells divine, feels lovely and lasts ages.

Definitely the best hand cream I've tried and it makes my over washed nurse's hands look good.

blacktreaclecat Tue 26-May-15 21:35:55

Atrixo in the green tub is brilliant and cheap

Inpup Tue 26-May-15 21:36:52

Dr Organic manuka honey from Holland and barrett or Neutrogena Norwegian formula restore my hands overnight when they get all rough and chapped from gardening/yard work or from winter horridness.

KatharineClifton Tue 26-May-15 21:42:14

At the moment I'm using the Avon Care Cocoa Butter one - it smells lovely and sinks in quickly.

gingerbreadmam Tue 26-May-15 21:45:53

soap and glory is a good thick one and only a couple of quid for handbag sized if you wanted to try it.

tallulahdula Tue 26-May-15 21:52:33

Atrixo intensive. It's cheap, easily absorbed and very moisturising. Also my dad used it when he was a practicing surgeon and had to wash his hands all the time. They used to be so dry and cracked til he found this

CaveMum Tue 26-May-15 21:54:06

Thanks to years spent working outside my hands can get into a really bad state. The only thing that has consistently helped is Burt's Bees Hand Salve. Smells divine too!

thecrimsonpetal Tue 26-May-15 21:59:07

I like the loccitane Shea butter one, also body shop hemp and almond ones. Got a nice neals yard one free with Marie Claire the other day too.

Holdonforonemoreday Tue 26-May-15 22:00:15

I tried the clarins hand cream in boots the other day which was amazing but ended up buying a superdrug own brand one for 99p in a pink tube which is very nice though not as good. But decided as I wash my hands so often it wasn't worth spending a lot.

Atrixo is excellent though, I'll probably buy that next time.

fustybritches Tue 26-May-15 22:01:07

Cetraben is the only hand cream that does anything for my gnarled old claws.

burnishedsilver Tue 26-May-15 22:03:16

Clarins is very good.

Magicpinkshadow Tue 26-May-15 22:04:52

I've finally found the one that works for my hands its the Nivea smooth nourishing hand cream

U2TheEdge Tue 26-May-15 22:07:13

I just got the Aldi one. I am very impressed with it. One of the best I have used.

Belshels Tue 26-May-15 22:07:24

Soap and Glory here too.. Big tube, good value and nice and thick

TheBabyFacedAssassin Tue 26-May-15 22:11:19

Another vote for clarins, am using it at the minute and loving it. Sinks in quickly, doesn't feel greasy and smells divine.
The Soap & Glory Hand Dream is also very good, it has AHAs in it which takes away any hard skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now