Talk

Advanced search

New cleanser - should it get worse before better?

(4 Posts)
cashmerecardigans Tue 26-May-15 19:56:24

I've just switched from using Dove unscented soap to the Superdrug natural radiance hot cloth cleanser (no vit e when I went in). I seem to have come out in a few spots - is this a good sign or a bad one? I don't use toner at all, but wondering about the acid ones that I see mentioned a lot. Then usually a serum and moisturiser.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Kaspar19 Tue 26-May-15 23:03:10

I don't really believe in the "worse before better" theory. I think if you reacted to it then It's best not to continue to use it as it's probably irritating your skin. Maybe go back to something else and once it's calmed down try it again?

MrsBertMacklin Tue 26-May-15 23:04:56

That Radiance one broke me out, too. I agree with Kaspar.

DrankSangriaInThePark Wed 27-May-15 06:01:24

Pop over to the Amazing Faces quiche grin with paper, pen and an afternoon to spare!
Yes, I'd say it is quite usually for initial breakouts when changing products or routine. I hadn't changed product when I started the quiche routines, but did get breakouts. 4 weeks in and my skin, for an old 49 yrs, looks so much better.
The acid toners have been the best thing I've ever tried, mine is a cheapo Olay.
Current skincare thinking from the gurus is that you should spend more at the serum stage than anything else, as it's a targetted treatment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now