Sunscreen for acne prone skin?

(8 Posts)
CheesyDibbles Tue 26-May-15 14:11:33

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations? I need something very light weight and around SPF 30-40 but not too drying, if that's possible! I already use a bb cream with SPF 30 but I have read that won't give me enough protection in full-on sun (beach etc).

Stillyummy Tue 26-May-15 14:22:31

www.amazon.co.uk/Ultrasun-Sports-Clear-Formula-200ml/dp/B001GIE7H2 It is really really good.

ErrolTheDragon Tue 26-May-15 14:32:37

That ultrasun one would probably be ok in the UK but might not be sufficient abroad.

I use an Avene one which is meant for kids - its factor 50 and more waterproof than most 'facial' sunscreens (we do watersports, it's done the job for us in greece and turkey). But I don't think it's on sale in the UK.

CheesyDibbles Tue 26-May-15 17:33:08

Thanks Stillyummy - the Ultrasun looks good and has great reviews, just not sure it will be enough protection. I don't really sunbathe - just hide under a beach brolly with a book so with a hat it may be fine.

ErrolTheDragon - The Avene looks good too, but as you say, can't find it here. Maybe I should wait until we get to France!

CheesyDibbles Tue 26-May-15 17:36:51

Just found an Ultrasun spf50 online - so will probably go for that or the spf30, it looks like a very good brand.

XiCi Tue 26-May-15 17:48:33

I have acne prone skin and have used la roche Posay anthelios ultra light fluid spf50 for over a year now with no problems.
I wear it every day in the UK but it also stood up to days at the pool/beach in 40 degree Dubai heat last year. Would definitely recommend. There's a tinted version too which is really nice.

smilesandsun Tue 26-May-15 17:58:26

I second the La Roche Posay spf50.

It feels lightweight and I have the lightest acne prone skin you can imagine.

I use it in UK daily and also when on holiday, peak sun in Turkey or greece with no problems.

CheesyDibbles Tue 26-May-15 19:11:18

Thanks, I'll take a look at the La Roche Posay too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now