Talk

Advanced search

Well made leather handbags - which brands to try?

(29 Posts)
ipadmad Mon 25-May-15 18:58:56

Hi, I'm looking for a smart work leather handbag, budget to about £200, in a black or navy. I'd like something well made that is going to stand up to regular use, medium size - doesn't need to fit a laptop in as I carry a separate bag for that.

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks

Pantsalive Tue 26-May-15 12:38:56

I have a Yoshi bag which is lovely soft leather and has lasted very well. If you're like me you may need to ignore the picture bags ...

TK Maxx always have a good choice of leather bags and great bargains to be found - Paul Costello for £60.

chanie44 Tue 26-May-15 13:00:09

I have a Grandala bag, as recommended by the ladies on here. They have regular discounts, so keep an eye out.

Betterthanme Tue 26-May-15 13:11:17

Iv got a black radley bag and purse. 6 years on, I have used them everyday and both still in great condition.

ZaraW Tue 26-May-15 13:15:45

I have a Frye bag which I got in the sale from Shopbop really well made and still looking good after 3 years.

gaggiagirl Tue 26-May-15 13:15:45

Radley
Rowallan (adore)
Tula
I've carted my giant tula bag about for 7 years its good as new.
Radley are lovely quality but they are a bit crazy for me.

tethersend Tue 26-May-15 14:11:18

Yy to radley- but only the grosvenor.

Have a look at Jaeger and Massimo Dutti too- both very good quality.

tethersend Tue 26-May-15 14:13:13

Ismad have great, reasonably priced, thick leather bags too.

Piffpaffpoff Tue 26-May-15 14:25:06

It's slightly over budget but I have this navy Dunmore Scotland bag in another colour and I love it. I use it for work, it's really smart and also very sturdy/well-made. (It's also made in Scotland which I like in a 'buy local' kind of way.)

I have a jaeger bag and agree lovely quality. Also just bought a Russell and Bromley one which I'm really pleased with.

HoneyDragon Tue 26-May-15 16:24:36

I have a Jaegar Morgan and its fantastic. Withstands unreasonable battering a and still looks great.

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 26-May-15 16:27:05

I saw liebeskind recommended on here and have three of them now, really lovely bags, around £150.
I also like catwalk collection which I buy from Amazon, cheaper at £50ish.

MadisonMontgomery Tue 26-May-15 19:27:25

I have a Tory Burch bag for everyday - it was a little bit more than your budget but it is really well made. Also Coach bags are usually v good.

Saurus72 Tue 26-May-15 19:48:49

Seconded (or is it thirded..?) for Jaeger and Russell & Bromley. Ally Capellino also good, but sales/sample sales only as v expensive.

EuphemiaCoxton Tue 26-May-15 19:58:37

I have a leather Fossil bag, it's lovely

Cake1smyreligion Mon 01-Jun-15 10:53:28

Have you tried Village England ? I have one of their slouchy bags, found out about them from a thing in the paper a couple of months ago (I think it was The Times...) and am a bit in love with it, really nicely made.

niminypiminy Mon 01-Jun-15 11:39:11

I've just bought a gorgeous silver tote from Hilary Johnson - heard about her from a link on here. Lovely quality and she will do bespoke. Very reasonable for something so individual.

squizita Mon 01-Jun-15 13:14:14

Another vote for Paul Costello.

Also the Coach outlet at Bicester Village is excellent value.

IloveChoo Tue 02-Jun-15 18:05:05

Try Peony & Moore I have their Georgia shoulder bag and blardy love it.

FlumptyDumpty Tue 02-Jun-15 18:16:05

I find Coccinelle really last well. Always made of good quality leather.

dontcallmelen Tue 02-Jun-15 20:30:04

I have a modulu, very hardwearing good quality leather, hof stock them.

WutheringTights Tue 02-Jun-15 20:30:05

Russell and Bromley every time for me. They're made of beautiful leather, fabulous and practical designs and they last really well. A catch on one of mine broke after three months of heavy use. I took it into the store to ask about a repair (no receipt) and they replaced it straightaway.

Hobbes8 Tue 02-Jun-15 20:35:03

I have a radley laptop bag which has been roundly abused by being overstuffed with loads of heavy crap and it's still going strong after several years. They're not considered the most stylish on here, but they're good quality and have plenty of plainer styles which don't have pastel dogs frolicking in a bath or what have you

evelynj Tue 02-Jun-15 21:13:11

I have todds, Russell & Bromley, mulberry & jaeger. But I have 2 bags from Clarkes that I like better & tend to use everyday. What style are you after? Like more rigid or slouchy, plain or with some interest? Do you want a shoulder strap or just overarm? For hardware, gold or silver?

DuchessDisaster Tue 02-Jun-15 21:40:59

Picard Promotion5
Fits A4 plus iPad and has done small laptop.
Nice leather, not too branded. Lasts ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now