Talk

Advanced search

Leg shavers - theres no difference between disposable razors, is there?

(13 Posts)
BadgersArse Mon 25-May-15 15:55:31

I just buy what's on offer.

Sansarya Mon 25-May-15 15:57:19

I would say there is a difference between say, the Gilette ones and your Asda Supercheap kind but it's probably negligible. Incidentally, I picked up a bag of Venus disposables from the 99p Store!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 25-May-15 16:01:53

There's a huge difference ime.

BadgersArse Mon 25-May-15 16:02:17

ooh - so which do you rate?

nameuschangeus Mon 25-May-15 16:02:56

I have to say that up until about 3 weeks ago I would have agreed with you. I'd always buy a pack of 5 bic at poundland but a few weeks back my dp bought home a good wilkinson sword ladies shaver with blades (he works in a supermarket and they'd gone reduced down to a silly price so he bought them home) and it has been like a revelation. The regrowth has been so slow as obviously the shave must be closer and I haven't nicked myself once. So I actually thinking that the posh ones do a better job now.

Sansarya Mon 25-May-15 16:03:51

Gillette and Wilkinson Sword are good but you might be better off buying men's disposables as I think they are designed for a closer shave.

bluesbaby Mon 25-May-15 16:33:16

I always cut myself with disposable ones. The more expensive ones (esp mens) shave closer and never cut. Find they don't get blunt so quickly either.

CointreauVersial Mon 25-May-15 16:40:13

The ones with fixed heads (ie the cheaper ones) aren't as good as the ones which flex, but I doubt there's much difference between (say) equivalent Gillette or Wilkinson Sword ones.

A lot of the "triple blade lubri strip" blurb is just marketing and a golden opportunity to charge you more

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 25-May-15 16:43:15

I rip my legs to shreds with cheap disposable ones. I use wilkinson sword ones, triple blade Hydro I the they're called. King of Shaves ones are fantastic too. I use Venus ladies ones if they are on sale but tend to find the men's ones stay sharper longer.

auldspinster Mon 25-May-15 17:02:12

I swear by Mach 3 razors.

Coastingit Mon 25-May-15 18:52:40

I buy men's disposable ones. BiC orange ones but only the single blade, maybe I'm weird but I find it easier to get a close shave with a single blade. Easier to cut yourself too though. The triple blade etc ones leave visible hair, I can never get a close shave with them.

Dancingqueen17 Mon 25-May-15 18:58:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoArmaniNoPunani Mon 25-May-15 18:59:38

I use the Venus with the moisturising strip

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now