Talk

Advanced search

Shimmer/oil on legs?

(15 Posts)
cashmerecardigans Sun 24-May-15 20:16:23

I'm getting married in September. I have an utterly fab dress that is knee length, so although I am blessed with pretty good legs, I want a sort of shimmer or glow on the day as I won't be wearing tights. Any ideas as to what would be good? I'd seen the Clarins after sun shimmer glow or maybe a Nars oil? Any ideas much appreciated.
Thanks

Allie82 Sun 24-May-15 20:55:24

Laura mercies does a nice body shimmer x

calilark Sun 24-May-15 20:57:00

The Nuxe huile prodiguise with the shimmer. Lovely. M&S sell it.

calilark Sun 24-May-15 20:58:04

prodigieuse even!

Carpaccio Sun 24-May-15 21:28:40

I agree with Nuxe. They have a plain oil and one with gold shimmer.
They often have good offers on their website, including free shipping, samples and decent value giftsets so it's worth having a look there if you're going for their oil.

Nettletheelf Sun 24-May-15 22:41:12

Yes, go for the gold-flecked Nuxe.

TK Maxx sometimes have a dupe called Laino.

MadisonMontgomery Mon 25-May-15 12:56:16

Nuxe is fab or the Body Shop do a nice one - think it's called Honey Bronze or something.

macnab Mon 25-May-15 14:56:04

Can I ask, does that oil make your skin feel greasy/slippy? Have seen the Nuxe oil in my local chemist shop it looks lovely.

FrugalFashionista Mon 25-May-15 15:50:04

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse is my summer fave. Smells great too.

FrugalFashionista Mon 25-May-15 15:50:40

I'm usually not big on oils but this is a 'dry oil' - no mess.

BadgersArse Mon 25-May-15 15:57:44

no to the Nuxe one as the SCENT is horrific and very strong,

The best one is this one www.boots.com/en/this-works-skin-deep-dry-leg-oil-120ml_50333/

BadgersArse Mon 25-May-15 15:58:24

so surprised you lot like the scent of the Nuxe one. I have the shimmer one and hate it.

Marylou2 Mon 25-May-15 16:05:22

They do a perfume in the Nuxe scent. I love it!! grin

Coastingit Mon 25-May-15 18:55:38

I love the Nuxe smell! The perfume doesn't last or smell very strong though. And quite ££.

I'd worry about the colour transferring to your dress though. I'd go for a good spray tan then a non coloured oil for sheen.

BeaLola Mon 25-May-15 19:41:21

I like the Nuxe one for everyday. I tend to use Neom or Aromatherapy body oils as well and like those but whilst they make my skin glow due to regular use there is no shimmer to them. One oil I do use that kind of has both and people always comment on how lovely it smells is the Estée Lauder Bronze Godess oil - but I have the one from 3 or even 4 years ago and I think the newer ones are slightly different. I would go and have a good try out and pick your fave after trying a few.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now