Yet another leggings question, but coloured leggings this time.......

(18 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 24-May-15 13:50:06

I like the sainsburys £10 ones and M&S ones.
Got some from Costco (can't remember the name). But they're all black, grey or navy.

But I need some summery coloured ones, (I've seen loads of hareem type trousers in stores which are nice but not sure they're me)

So......
I'm looking for high waist (or at least a deep enough rise that I'm not pulling them up)
Good dense fabric, not see through for me grin
Might try white if it's opaque enough? Otherwise pink, patterned,purpley, blue?

I'm average 5'5", size 12 bum but bloaty waist (hence the higher waist)

DD and I looking in London this week, where should I search?
I'd rather look IRL than online so I can see how they are.

thanks

UptoapointLordCopper Sun 24-May-15 15:08:15

I like my uniqlo leggings - nice and comfortable and you don't have to keep pulling them up. But I don't know about colours ...

BadgersArse Sun 24-May-15 15:51:29

step away from the pyjama bottoms leggings and get some real clothes

BadgersArse Sun 24-May-15 15:51:47

NO to white

Coastingit Sun 24-May-15 16:14:28

I have to agree with Badger, I cringed just reading the title of your thread!

What about M and S jeggings? They are as comfy as leggings, but they are denim and look like skinny jeans. They come in all sorts of colours too so you would feel summery. You could wear them with a floaty top and ballet flats, a much more current look than dresses or tunics with leggings. They usually have plenty in stock so go and try them. I have dark indigo and slate grey ones and plan to buy khaki ones soon. I'm eyeing the white ones but not sure if they'll be see through...

TheFillyjonk Sun 24-May-15 16:16:38

A resounding GOD, NO to coloured leggings!

I am trying to think of a way in which coloured or white leggings might look okay on a grown woman. I am really, really sorry but I honestly don't think coloured leggings are a good idea.

High waisted skinnies in the right size for you would be just as comfortable, and a zillion times more flattering imho.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 24-May-15 17:33:26

Aaahhhhhhhhhhh but I'm a grown up with a really unhappy stomach at the moment sad

I have M&S 5 pocket jeggings but they catch on the sensitive bit of my stomach . And the jegging with the wide black waistband? I've got 3 pairs of them but I wanted something lighterweight for summer.
And I'm so bloaty (TMI) if I get something to fit my waist, it'll be huge on my hips .
(Plus I cannot risk lots of undoing buttons/belts because of diverticular disease)

So is it dresses then?
Eek. Legs are ok, need to get them out.

Or I need to embrace those hareemy pant thingies. I saw some in Next - fabric was lovely and soft. Might venture in there...................

Greengardenpixie Sun 24-May-15 18:41:29

Wear what you like. American apparell have loads of colours:

store.americanapparel.co.uk/cotton-spandex-jersey-legging_8328

Greengardenpixie Sun 24-May-15 18:42:35

white stuff:
www.whitestuff.com/womens/leggings/

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 24-May-15 18:55:16

How dense are the American Apparel ones (there's a shop in Westfield Stratford i could go to)

Good choice of colours there - I'd rather buy 2 of them than a dozen Primark-ey ones.

Greengardenpixie Sun 24-May-15 18:57:13

I bought a pair from amazon a number of years back and they are a good weight cotton. Not sure about the choice in the shops though.

BadgersArse Sun 24-May-15 18:58:03

oh you needed to present your Medical Exemption card grin

Even so, some nice soft jeggings would be nicer

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 24-May-15 19:06:44

Trust me Badgers I'd much rather be in my 5 pocket jeggings but the carcass says NO grin

I had a look at Next though - some straight leg linen look trousers, need to try them on, but that could be one of my ports of call.

I don't need them for work (I wear a uniform) but I'm thinking ahead to those 'hot flush' days when I do need to wear something slightly respectable .

Might it be worth trying jeggings a size bigger than normal, with a soft cotton vest tucked into them so that the waistband isn't touching your stomach?

I see that M&S do the pull up ones in burgundy and in grey, both slightly less wintery than black, I guess!

A quick search threw up these in Dorothy Perkins too. No idea what they are like irl. They have white ones too, if you are that way inclined.

Greengardenpixie Sun 24-May-15 20:29:19

You are roughly the same height as me. I bought these:

www.next.co.uk/g4d88s10#845968g30

they are super comfy. I am a 12 too so you could size down. If you have a sore bit on your tummy you may want to stick with your normal size.

Gem124 Sun 24-May-15 21:48:39

I love next harem trousers, they do plain and patterned so lots of variety. Please don't go down the white leggings route! White abs coloured ones are hard to find for a reason :-)

Gem124 Sun 24-May-15 21:49:01

*and

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now