Talk

Advanced search

Help ! Skincare for dd please

(13 Posts)
ginorwine Sat 23-May-15 20:32:03

Dd has oily nose with what looks like blackheads . They cannot be extracted ! Wonder If it is oil oxidising ? If so what to do ???
She also has like little hills all over her forehead !
We don't know what to use . Clinique 3 step did nothing nor did neutrogena grapefruit products , not simple nor anything from superdrig . Got her a Liz Earle mud mask - again no change !!!! Help please !

myermay1 Sat 23-May-15 20:34:57

The only thing that worked for my son who was very pimply and oily, was neurogenic blackhead scrub and benzoyl peroxide. All trial and era for at least 3 wks per product I found

LIZS Sat 23-May-15 20:37:12

How old? Just got dd (13) a cleanser/toner with tea tree from Boots.

ginorwine Sat 23-May-15 20:40:20

She's 16

ginorwine Sat 23-May-15 20:41:21

Myer do those things come from boots ? Thanks ��

F4ttyBumBum Sat 23-May-15 21:15:54

(I am declaring my bias)

I would use find somewhere that uses Dermaceutic mask peel and have that 2 weeks apart alongside homecare products

Good luck smile

OsMalleytheCat Sat 23-May-15 21:26:47

I find sulpher soap (few quid off amazon) to be an absolute miracle worker, it doesn't smell very nice though and it's quite drying so I use cocoa butter before bed.
Also try putting a fresh towel on her pillow every night (or I find muslins don't take up so much space in the wash basket!)

yazzy85 Sun 24-May-15 00:19:55

Have a look at La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo, its a really great product without being too harsh.

almondcakes Sun 24-May-15 00:32:19

Effaclar duo and benzoyl peroxide. Use one at day and one at night, either way around. There's some kind of benzoyl peroxide shortage right now, but you can get it from ebay.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 24-May-15 01:14:22

My 13yo DD uses Anne French cleanser or Soap & Glory Drama Clean (mine) if she has eye make up
I bought her some Superdrug cleanser, exfoliator and light moisturiser.

DS (15) has more 'teen' skin. He uses Cetaphil in the shower, Neutrogena Blackhead cleanser with a cotton pad at night.
I bought him the La Roche Posay AI Target (for red marks) out of desperation for his red patches, which really works well.

He does get blackheads, tried those strips which were useless TBH.
Had to get him one of those 'loop' extractors (which he bellyaches at having to use hmm )

ginorwine Sun 24-May-15 08:39:34

Thanks all . The nose is contested . The forehead like little hills - don't know what that is ? Can the rest of the - clear - face take these products .
All usual stuff such as Clinique not done a thing . Seems really deep blockages to me . Extraction does not work it seems tho she has tried ! And the hills on forehead have no spot as such - any ideas ? Thanks !

ginorwine Sun 24-May-15 08:40:41

C o n g e s t ed !

goshhhhhh Sun 24-May-15 08:47:39

My dd uses là Roche possay effeclar. It has made a big difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now