Talk

Advanced search

Kebelo hair smoothing treatment - should I go for it?

(15 Posts)
boobashka Sat 23-May-15 17:29:09

Does anyone have experience of this that they would care to share pls?

It's £100, supposed to last 100 days.

I want to treat myself but will be gutted if I spend hundred quid on sth which doesn't work. Any advice appreciated! smile

boobashka Sun 24-May-15 13:57:56

Shamelessly bumping my message...

Nettletheelf Sun 24-May-15 16:05:15

My (new) hairdresser was trying to get me interested in this. I'm on a quest for a product that will stop my straightened hair going frizzy in damp weather (I have tried everything. Everything).

She recommended Kebelo. I asked whether it makes the hair poker straight: no, apparently, it will still need straightening. It appears that the coating makes the hair more (but not entirely) moisture resistant.

Sounds a bit unsatisfactory to me. Not enough guarantees of permanent (well, for 100 days) swishy straightness.

boobashka Sun 24-May-15 16:23:56

Thanks Nettle

Yes, I feel a little underwhelmed at what it promises to achieve.

Fighting the frizz is a daily battle and it looks like there's no real solution!

Any other experiences?

Nettletheelf Sun 24-May-15 22:47:48

Yeah, it sounds like a mega expensive deep conditioning treatment.

PrimroseEverdeen Mon 25-May-15 11:36:09

I've had it 3 times and to be honest it is just as good as any Brazilian blow try/ keratin treatment that I've had. I only got it because I was pregnant and the keratin treatments are not recommended, but I decided to carry on with the Kebelo. It lasts around 3 months on me. My hair is mega curly so with the treatment it has loose waves. The condition of my hair is also so much better and the treatment feels really moisturising.

I would recommend if you want rid of the frizz, but not if you want poker straight hair.

boobashka Mon 25-May-15 12:07:19

Oh that sounds quite good Primrose. I too have curly hair. Not bothered about having poker straight hair, just want rid of the frizz!

Think I'll go for it...

gonegrey56 Mon 25-May-15 12:09:53

I have had it four times over the last eighteen months. I love it - it removes the frizz but does not give poker straight, flat hair . I have fine, highlighted hair and it has improved the condition . Makes blow drying much easier, and no need for styling products !

macnab Mon 25-May-15 12:15:52

If I were you, I'd try this at home first and save yourself 75 quid which you can then spend on something else

I've used it several times, I never find that it staightens my hair but definitely removes all the frizz and dryness and makes it much much easier to manage. Its a bit of a faff to do, but I'd rather a few hours at home than spending £100 in a salon.

chibi Mon 25-May-15 12:21:22

It made sod all difference to my hair, and was a colossal waste of money. Never again

MillyMollyMandy78 Mon 25-May-15 12:31:42

TH

MillyMollyMandy78 Mon 25-May-15 12:33:22

Sorry Stupid ipad playing up! That kit looks good Macnab - do you have to use their special shampoo/ conditioner or do you just use your usual one?

boobashka Mon 25-May-15 13:37:17

Thanks MacNab and everyone

I have used that kit several times, MacN, but unfortunately its effects seem to wear off the more you use it. Plus my hair went horrible the last few times I used it - v greasy and I couldn't get it clean with the shampoo you're supposed to use.

macnab Mon 25-May-15 14:51:48

I've not had any problems with it, although I've always left a good few months between applications. I find you need to give it a really good wash with a clarifying shampoo first. Once done, you have to use salt-free shampoo (sodium chloride) - I have used Tresemme Naturals and Organix Ever Straight shampoo.

Katiedaly Sat 04-Jul-15 12:54:13

Have u tried QOD? There's 2 different ones. The Gold de-frizzes the hair making it more manageable and Silver gives poker straight hair. Both last 16 weeks. Its fab and theres no nasty chemicals. It's an organic Brazilian keratin treatment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now