Eyebrow products

(22 Posts)
OnlyLovers Fri 22-May-15 13:06:25

Any recommendations? The Tom Ford Brow Sculptor and the By Terry one sound amazing, but are £34 and £20-something respectively. <<gulp>>

Is there anything that's more sensibly priced that people like?

ZeroFunDame Fri 22-May-15 13:11:16

Hah - I was about to say the words "Tom Ford." It is very, very good.

But I'm sure most people with great eyebrows aren't spending quite so much money.

thetropicmama7 Fri 22-May-15 13:18:59

Anastasia Beverly Hills which is amazing. I get them from Cult Beauty. Eyeko brow stuff are also really good. Selfridges sell the range online.

OnlyLovers Fri 22-May-15 13:21:51

God, I'm going to talk myself into buying the Tom Ford one and possibly defaulting on the mortgage this month grin

littleomar Fri 22-May-15 13:25:16

I got my mum a Sleek kit from Amazon which she rates.

gonegrey56 Fri 22-May-15 13:25:17

Shavata's eyebrow pencil, usually available from Debenhams or online from Shavata's own site, www.shavata.co.uk (I think). Dual-ended, with Dawn and Dusk shades. Very natural colours, no red tone. I am fair and blonde, and use the Dawn shade. Price is £9.50 .

Really recommend it and I have tried them all....

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Fri 22-May-15 13:25:20

Sleek brow compact. Cheap skate heregrin

ImBrian Fri 22-May-15 13:35:53

Anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow pomade is brilliant. You need quite a light hand but it's bomb proof, I did a 10k run in the rain and still had eyebrows at the end of it.

cuntyMcCunterson Fri 22-May-15 14:05:11

I use the sleek brow compact, and maybelline brow drama.

OnlyLovers Fri 22-May-15 14:11:23

You're all amazing! I love S&B.

<<goes to clear out SpaceNK>>

RecoveringPerfectionist Fri 22-May-15 14:14:24

Yesterday I bought Benefit's Gimme Brow having read some very positive reviews. £18.50, but I had enough Boots points :-)

Allie82 Fri 22-May-15 20:08:45

I plan to buy the anastasia brow gel soon but today I picked up the loreal brow gel and I absolutely love it. So much better then I expected.

Cheesymonster Sat 23-May-15 08:53:05

I use soap and glory archery and maybelline brow drama.

In May, if you have a brow shape at Benefit you'll get a free Gimme Brow.

ZacharyQuack Sat 23-May-15 09:03:02

Sleek brow pencil (the twisty-up one) is a good dupe for the hourglass one. Benefit Gimme Brow is good, so the is L'Oreal Brow Artiste.

I use Nars Bali eyeshadow (MAC Brun is good too), Real Techniques brow brush, a toothbrush and clear brow gel.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 23-May-15 18:22:38

I have the Sleek one (colour and wax) which I used today after dyeing my brows last night. (the dye only works on the hairs so I have gaps). Really like it .

Gimme Brow is like a teeny mascara and the first couple of times, I hated it. But if you use it against the direction of growth then smooth it through.........it's excellant.

Also got a ybf twist up crayon which is the best I've found.

SASASI Sat 23-May-15 21:56:52

Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow promenade has totally transformed my face. Much better than the Benefit one - which I thought was great until I tried dipbrow.

Although I'm still considering eye brow tattooing as I have hardly any brows & it's very time consuming creating some everyday!

OnlyLovers Mon 25-May-15 14:38:18

Right, so I've bought Soap and glory Archery and I don't know how to use it. blush

It has two ends, which I assume must do different things, but I don't know what and I don't know if you're supposed to use just one or both of them.

Help!

F4ttyBumBum Mon 25-May-15 15:46:12

I am a Shavata convert too. Recommend their treatments and products smile

Cheesymonster Mon 25-May-15 17:37:01

I have the archery with a pencil one end and a spoolie the other. Did you get the felt tip one?

Dawndonnaagain Mon 25-May-15 17:51:39

I have the Soap and Glory felt tip one. I have alopecia and find it fabulous. I use the felt tip for putting my eyebrows on on a Sunday morning, nothing needed Monday, pencil on Tuesday and Wednesday, re-do felt tip on Thursday, pencil for Saturday. I shower every single day.

OnlyLovers Mon 25-May-15 17:56:02

It says 'Brow Tint & Precision Shaping Pencil'. It's got a thin felt tip at one end and, I guess, a pencil (quite waxy) at the other that you unscrew, IYSWIM.

Neither seems to do anything when I try to 'draw' it on over my eyebrows.

blush I am a grown woman, honest.

The Hourglass one is great. From Space NK. Not cheap but it lasts. And good if you are a bit sparse. Has a shaped end ... you twist it. With a brush at the other end. Good colours. Lasts far longer than something like Gimme Brow and hassle free unlike a pencil which needs sharpening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now