Talk

Advanced search

How to look good in sportswear

(7 Posts)
sunflower49 Fri 22-May-15 04:07:21

I have been doing a lot more exercise recently, squeezing in gym sessions alongside my usual runs during the day.

Because of this I would love to be able to get up, put sportswear on, gym, stay in sportswear and then run later then only get changed after the gym.

Currently I get up, put 'normal' clothes on, get changed, gym, get changed, get changed again-go for run when DP gets home..

This is because my current sportswear consists of running tights/shorts and a tatty old T shirt.

Is there an option of stylish sportswear that I could also wear to do errands/meet friends/do work (I work from home) without looking/feeling like a complete and utter scruff?

I seem to think yes-because I see some women looking very good with this 'look'. But I am not sure how!?

Of course there's the issue that I get sweaty. But I'd love to just be able to quickly wash armpits/face and put a different top on instead of having to go through 2 or 3 outfits per day.

Misssss Fri 22-May-15 06:42:34

I really think sportswear is just that, for sports. The women who look good in this sports luxe style haven't been to the gym. They've basically got up washed groomed and popped on their designer kit. They probably haven't seen the gym since school!

chanie44 Fri 22-May-15 08:20:06

Try places like gap body, sweaty Betty or sports direct.

Sports wear can be quite tight, so layers are the way to go. You could buy a tracksuit to chuck over your sports clothes, or separates like yoga bottoms.

BloodOrangeBaby Fri 22-May-15 08:28:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BumbleNova Fri 22-May-15 09:19:45

sorry have I understood correctly? you want to go to the gym, stay in sports kit and go about the rest of your day?

Are you not going to get sweaty at the gym? I agree with the first poster, I think those women are just posing or they go on power walks with their tiny dogs and dont break a sweat.

Personally, I just find it more comfortable to wear clean proper clothes after the gym. but stylish work out clothes are out there - the new gap stuff is good.

ZaraW Fri 22-May-15 11:55:20

I see people in the supermarket who have worked out and are obviously sweaty it's a bit off putting. Would never wear my gym gear out and about after a work out just have a shower and change into normal clothes.

sunflower49 Fri 22-May-15 15:00:54

Thank you for all replies!

Okay it seems I am kidding myself! If the stylish gym bunnies I see in their gear in the supermarket just have it as their 'style' rather than are post-workout.

I do get a sweat on but, I would happy to meet a friend for a coffee after freshening up a little, if I looked okay in gym stuff, or nip to the shops on the way home. I won't start to smell sweaty until later by which time I'll be home and changed.

I just seem to spend half of my day getting changed and packing clothes/lugging clothes about. But I suppose that comes with the territory.
I will have a look at sweaty betty.

OrangeBaby thanks-pashima is a good idea. I wouldn't have matched a biker jacket with running tights but I guess it could look good now I think about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now