Talk

Advanced search

Red powder or cream blusher?

(11 Posts)
BillyBigchin Wed 20-May-15 18:16:22

So, as the title really! I'm looking for a red cream or powder blusher. Preferably quite sheer.

I've got Benetint, I like it but I want something a bit easier to work with. I've seen one from Nars, ideally I'd like something a bit more budget!

Does it exist? Has anyone got one and do you rate it?

Carpaccio Wed 20-May-15 18:59:53

I have Mac Frankly Scarlet and I really like it. If not applying too much, it is very wearable, but you can build it up. It is a powder blusher.

Inglot should also have a red blusher - they are usually very good and a bit more pigmented than Mac, but amazing and quite affordable.

BillyBigchin Wed 20-May-15 19:35:35

Dammit. I knew you would say that grin.

I've seen it but wanted a cheaper version really. It would seem though that you just cannot get pure red!

DidgeDoolittle Wed 20-May-15 19:40:38

A lot of make up artists use lipstick as a blusher.

Fibbertigibbet Wed 20-May-15 19:42:56

I use the Revlon matte Colourburst balm in Striking as a blush a lot. It's a lovely and flattering easy-to-wear red lipstick, but also makes a fantastic natural looking blush which doesn't seem to clog pores.

Fibbertigibbet Wed 20-May-15 19:45:12

Also forgot to add- if Mac is beyond your price range and you would rather not use lipstick, Stargazer (might have to order these online) are very cheap and do a red powder eyeshadow which is very pigmented and would make a lovely blush.

Greengardenpixie Wed 20-May-15 19:52:31

www.sleekmakeup.com/blush-by-3-flame

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000ORXIYY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432147894&sr=8-1&keywords=red+blusher

www.amazon.co.uk/Powder-Blush-NYX-Cosmetics-PB24/dp/B002QIAEYQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1432147894&sr=8-3&keywords=red+blusher

BillyBigchin Wed 20-May-15 20:13:05

I like that Sleek one! I looked them up on Superdrug but I guess as it's on sale they might not have it in the shop. I'd rather buy something in the shop though so I can at least swatch on the back of my hand.

I've got shed loads of red lipsticks, but they're mostly matte. I don't think they'd blend well. Might go and have a little play round though...

thanks all.

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 20-May-15 20:13:41

Another vote for Frankly Scarlet - you use such a little it lasts forever. Mine is over a year old and barely has a dent in it, and that's using it 2/3 times a week at least.

BillyBigchin Wed 20-May-15 20:22:50

I might have to treat myself. It's not that I can't afford it, it's that I regularly buy myself high end make up and am running out of storage space I have that much blush

Allie82 Wed 20-May-15 22:46:22

Mac factor do a bright red cream blusher that's really nice. Sleek also do loads and they are fab quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now