Tops for the very short and very booby?

(1 Post)
BuggersMuddle Tue 19-May-15 22:51:04

I may have requested inspiration on this before, but having lost a little weight, I am 5', wear 28" jeans, but have enormous great 30G boobs and am really struggling with tops and to a lesser extent dresses.

I have done a lot of running and cycling so my legs - once my problem area - are pretty firm / muscular and skinny below the knee. Ironically this makes any poor choices of top look worse as I am also blessed with broad shoulders confused

I spend a lot of time in skinnies, ankle boots and a variety of lovely blazers (ironically no trouble buying jackets hmm ) but find I have more variety of jeans and jackets that I do of tops to go with, which seems a bit back to front really...

I sort of know what I'm after. Basically smart / casual tops that aren't just a plain fitted black t-shirt (although suggestions for basics good too) - a bit smarter, could be worn out to a nice lunch. Breton style tops, scoop necks, skimming draped tops or nice fine knits all work. I wear a lot of lycra grin. Anything square and most high necked stuff otoh make me look like an American football player.

I was round the shops again at the weekend and everywhere seemed to be selling relaxed fit / boxy / asymmetric stuff. Any suggestions as to shops I might try?

My usual fall backs are Hobbs and Jaeger for nicer stuff, backed up with a fair amount of black / dark coloured Icebreaker merino tops for more casual wear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now