Foundation!!

(16 Posts)
Theoldcauliflower Tue 19-May-15 20:42:37

I'm currently using Estée Lauder but I'm finding my face feels quited caked even when I really blend it. I also have quite pimply skin with open pores so I like quit abit of coverage, and need oil free. Need some recommendations please smile

Allie82 Tue 19-May-15 20:52:04

For me the bobbi brown skin stick is the best!

Theoldcauliflower Tue 19-May-15 21:06:48

How much is that? Thanks

Carpaccio Tue 19-May-15 21:24:26

I would suggest a lighter coverage foundation and then a good pigmented concealer for the areas that need it.

I don't know what skin type you have but I have oily dehydrated skin and I like Mac face & body, Estee Lauder Double wear light and the oil-free tinted moisturiser from Laura Mercier. For concealer I like Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.

LilRedWG Tue 19-May-15 21:28:08

Just bought Touché Éclat foundation and love it. Blends perfectly.

LilRedWG Tue 19-May-15 21:28:44

It is light and evens complexion beautifully.

measles64 Tue 19-May-15 21:34:39

I use Bobbi Brown stick rather like a concealer over the nose and on any dodgy bits and blend that in, then L`Oreal lumi magique all over blend in, then l`oreal lumi magique concealer around my eyes and blend in. With that done I have a base that is pretty damn good. I then use a cream blusher let all that settle whilst doing my eyes then with a big brush put on a light powder bronzer. I found years ago that layering lightly with different products prevented caking. No one foundation does everything. Check out you tube tutorials for tips as well.

Theoldcauliflower Tue 19-May-15 22:10:20

Thanks for all the repleys, I've got sensitive skin with a really oily T zone but I've just start accutane for the spots so my face should be dry as hell soonsad

I will defo look at the bobbie brown stick!
I'll have a look on YouTube to thanks

GrimDamnFanjo Wed 20-May-15 15:11:49

Bobbi brown stick here too. I use a tinted moisturiser/spf and then add the stick where I need more coverage using a real techniques stippling brush to blend in.

Shonajay Wed 20-May-15 15:19:31

I can't see past my Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer at the moment. It just looks like perfect skin, and lasts ages even though it's a tiny pot. It's great for concealing too.

Allie82 Wed 20-May-15 22:36:22

You can apply bobbi brown straight from the stick for heavier coverage or as a concealer. Personally I apply it to my buffing brush and then use the brush to apply to my face as that gives a lighter finish. I think it was about £30?? Not cheap, but Sooo worth every penny.

Norfolkandchance1234 Wed 20-May-15 23:20:38

Clarins everlasting is amazing and was recommended by friends when I really needed good coverage.

However after a couple of weeks of proper skin care the CH way ( see recent threads) I have actually gone out and bought a BB cream by loreal pure active light as I now need shearer coverage.

Norfolkandchance1234 Wed 20-May-15 23:21:37

Also try loreal stay true

TheBooMonster Wed 20-May-15 23:36:28

I'm using bare minerals bare skin foundation with their new complexion rescue moisturiser it's fab, enough coverage to smooth things over but not enough that I feel caked. But definitely get shade matched and then buy it on eBay where it's half the price

Norfolkandchance1234 Wed 20-May-15 23:39:09

When your skin does get dry then try bio oil

WienerDiva Wed 20-May-15 23:52:53

I use Dior Forever. The stuff won't budge and is great if you've got oily skin, it's a little drier than a lot of foundations I've used and the coverage is brilliant and not "dewy/luminous". Which on my skin makes it look REALLY greasy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now