Talk

Advanced search

wedding dress choice, please help me choose!!

(10 Posts)
blueistheonlycolourwefeel Tue 19-May-15 12:33:06

I am getting married in a few weeks - very low key registry office civil partnership.
I don't want a "wedding dress" but would like a nice day dress IYSWIM?
The 2 I like are these:

this one

or

this one

I've bought the Hobbs one, but now I think I want the other one instead!!

Which would you go for?

NomiMalone Tue 19-May-15 12:35:07

Absolutely, definitely the first one. It's fab.

The Hobbs one is awful imo.

emsyj Tue 19-May-15 12:36:27

I agree, take the Hobbs one back!

darksideofthemooncup Tue 19-May-15 12:37:32

To be honest I prefer the Vintage style dress, I had a nosy on the website and they do it in Nude which might be a bit more wedding-iy IYSWIM

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Tue 19-May-15 12:38:46

I know what you mean darkside, but I can't carry off nude shades - blue is my favourite colour. smile

SunnyL Tue 19-May-15 12:54:02

Definitely definitely the first. Don't get married in the Hobbs dress it won't be a good flash back when you look at your photos in a few years.

Pantsalive Tue 19-May-15 13:00:11

I much prefer the vintage one but it would be interesting to see what the fabric is like. Viscose/nylon/spandex might be lovely or it might not be.

I've seen this one in RL and it's quite something.

Definitely not the Hobbs though.

cathyandclaire Tue 19-May-15 13:05:58

Definitely the first too.
In fact I have that dress saved to my favourites on t'internet (in green but now I've seen the blue I love that too)...I'm just waiting for the right opportunity to justify buying it.
Go for it!

darksideofthemooncup Tue 19-May-15 13:15:03

Get the blue it is gorgeous! I wasn't sure if you didn't pick it because it wasn't a traditional colour. I think it would be fabulous, much better than the Hobbs one.

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Tue 19-May-15 13:52:01

Right, I'll take the Hobbs one back on Thursday now I've found the receipt! and order the blue one. Thank you for your help!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now