Talk

Advanced search

non-wired bras

(10 Posts)
Itscurtainsforyou Tue 19-May-15 10:38:42

I'm really struggling with my bras at the moment, they still fit but I'm really not liking the feel of the underwire. I'm wondering if there's such a thing as an non-wired bra that's very supportive (36gg). I've worn my old maternity/nursing bras recently, some of which do the job but as I'm a bit bigger than I was then, they're a bit tight! Should I buy more or does anyone have any other recommendations?

TIA

knit1purl1 Tue 19-May-15 12:54:32

These are very comfortable in a DD and go up to an H. Goddess do some other non-wired styles too.

www.goddessbra.com/lingerie/keira/cs13/soft_cup_bra.aspx?colour=fawn

That goddess bra is American cups so skips lots -the h isn't a UK h.

Op,have you measured yourself? If you are finding them uncomfortable I suspect that there is a sizing issue

knit1purl1 Tue 19-May-15 20:53:37

Good point, step one with bra discomfort is always to check sizing - though apart from a session at Rigby and Peller I have never got a decent fitting from a 'trained bra fitter' in a shop. Best thing is to go and try on a few.

But do stick with the non-wired kind, they are far and away most comfortable. Will have a look meanwhile at some other suppliers. assumes air of bra vigilante on a mission

I'm not that dissimilar a size to the OP, and a wired bra is much more comfortable (and looks far better under clothes) for me than the no wired ones. Non wired translates to sweaty monoboob and a poorly defined waist and normally sweaty underboob too.

theowlandthebear Tue 19-May-15 22:07:11

I range between a FF and H (H when pg) and started to feel massively uncomfortable in underwired bras, in desperation I ended up in a boutique underwear shop and was fitted for a prima donna deauville bra (don't be put off by the name...) and have worn them ever since for everyday/running about after DCs.

They seem to be a lot softer but still really supportive, its the first bra I've ever worn that I'm not aching to take off at the end of the day.

ihatethecold Tue 19-May-15 22:11:32

Please link it owl
I only wear bhs crop tops now and I'm a size 32ff
I can't bear under wires, and yes I have had a proper fitting.
I just hate the feeling of them.

theowlandthebear Wed 20-May-15 06:31:20

its here and on here on Amazon it is quite £££s but now I just buy less bras instead.

Itscurtainsforyou Wed 20-May-15 06:53:13

Thank you! I was fitted at bravissimo about 9 months ago but of course I could've put on weight since then... I'll check out your recommendations smile

ihatethecold Wed 20-May-15 11:32:05

thanks owl, yes it is quite £££

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now