Talk

Advanced search

non-wired bras

(11 Posts)
Itscurtainsforyou Tue 19-May-15 10:38:42

I'm really struggling with my bras at the moment, they still fit but I'm really not liking the feel of the underwire. I'm wondering if there's such a thing as an non-wired bra that's very supportive (36gg). I've worn my old maternity/nursing bras recently, some of which do the job but as I'm a bit bigger than I was then, they're a bit tight! Should I buy more or does anyone have any other recommendations?

TIA

knit1purl1 Tue 19-May-15 12:54:32

These are very comfortable in a DD and go up to an H. Goddess do some other non-wired styles too.

www.goddessbra.com/lingerie/keira/cs13/soft_cup_bra.aspx?colour=fawn

That goddess bra is American cups so skips lots -the h isn't a UK h.

Op,have you measured yourself? If you are finding them uncomfortable I suspect that there is a sizing issue

knit1purl1 Tue 19-May-15 20:53:37

Good point, step one with bra discomfort is always to check sizing - though apart from a session at Rigby and Peller I have never got a decent fitting from a 'trained bra fitter' in a shop. Best thing is to go and try on a few.

But do stick with the non-wired kind, they are far and away most comfortable. Will have a look meanwhile at some other suppliers. assumes air of bra vigilante on a mission

I'm not that dissimilar a size to the OP, and a wired bra is much more comfortable (and looks far better under clothes) for me than the no wired ones. Non wired translates to sweaty monoboob and a poorly defined waist and normally sweaty underboob too.

theowlandthebear Tue 19-May-15 22:07:11

I range between a FF and H (H when pg) and started to feel massively uncomfortable in underwired bras, in desperation I ended up in a boutique underwear shop and was fitted for a prima donna deauville bra (don't be put off by the name...) and have worn them ever since for everyday/running about after DCs.

They seem to be a lot softer but still really supportive, its the first bra I've ever worn that I'm not aching to take off at the end of the day.

ihatethecold Tue 19-May-15 22:11:32

Please link it owl
I only wear bhs crop tops now and I'm a size 32ff
I can't bear under wires, and yes I have had a proper fitting.
I just hate the feeling of them.

theowlandthebear Wed 20-May-15 06:31:20

its here and on here on Amazon it is quite £££s but now I just buy less bras instead.

Itscurtainsforyou Wed 20-May-15 06:53:13

Thank you! I was fitted at bravissimo about 9 months ago but of course I could've put on weight since then... I'll check out your recommendations smile

ihatethecold Wed 20-May-15 11:32:05

thanks owl, yes it is quite £££

HappyFox Wed 24-May-17 15:20:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now