Help me choose a pedi colour for tomorrow!

(25 Posts)
HooplaWoman Mon 18-May-15 23:07:36

Going for an OPI pedi tomorrow. But not sure what colour. We're heading off to The Cayman Islands on holiday at the weekend and my capsule holiday wardrobe is navy, white, black and a bit of silver.

Do I go for a classic red or something else?

rockybalboa Mon 18-May-15 23:08:39

Fuchsia pink with a bit of a shimmer.

rockybalboa Mon 18-May-15 23:08:53

Or a really bright pinky coral.

HooplaWoman Mon 18-May-15 23:14:19

I've had an OPI colour in a fuschia pink before which looked good with a tan (getting a spray tan on Friday too).

Thanks for reminding me smile

Besta Mon 18-May-15 23:15:06

I've just had a minty turquoiseygreen colour put on. Can't remember the name (something about a dog?) but it's lovely. So unlike anything I'd wear usually a d better on the nail than in the bottle.

itsveryyou Mon 18-May-15 23:16:58

I would go for a non-shimmer pinky-coral colour too, looks really lovely on pale skin but suits a tan perfectly. I have it as my 'go to' summer colour here in the States when it gets hot. Have a fab holiday!

HooplaWoman Tue 19-May-15 19:54:03

Hi

Have gone for a real pop of colour. A very glossy 'hot pink' colour. Looks a bit vivid now, but should look lovely after my spray tan smile

TisILeclerc Tue 19-May-15 21:13:18

I've just taken off my bright pink and I'm about to apply a charcoal grey to my toes. Feel a bit naked right now grin

PerpendicularVincenzo Wed 20-May-15 15:07:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BitOfFun Wed 20-May-15 15:33:15

Yes, I'd stay away from reds, or it will exaggerate the Nautical But Nice look.

PrincessOfChina Wed 20-May-15 15:36:11

Ooohhh. I'm having a mani and pedi tomorrow. I have a coral, pink, grey and green patterned dress and not sure which colours to pull out. Maybe coral on toes and a paper pink on my fingers. It's for a wedding so don't want too bright on fingers I don't think...

AbsentMindedNumpty Wed 20-May-15 15:37:15

I'm just waiting to have a pearlised burnt orange colour. it's lovely smile.

wreckingball Wed 20-May-15 15:47:09

I've always wanted to do an Anne and John Darwin and take off with DH somewhere hot and exotic, disappear into the wild blue yonder never to return.
I could paint my toe nails hot pink and slurp sex on the beach while flicking through Yachting World.
The Cayman Islands would be ideal, there or Panama.
<sigh>

BitOfFun Wed 20-May-15 15:49:55

You can overdo the nautical look with red, or even pink. It's a slight phobia of mine- too many hours in doctors' waiting rooms flipping through Woman's Own.

Pagwatch Wed 20-May-15 15:59:53

I love a navy and white pallet for my summer look.
DH and I rock it.

wreckingball Wed 20-May-15 16:29:11

Oooh, you look like Louis and Edwina Mountbatten.

Pagwatch Wed 20-May-15 16:32:24

DH is magnificent, isn't he? He is such a stud muffin.

Pagwatch Wed 20-May-15 16:35:10

We are going to Borneo for Christmas so I want to find Orangutang tones for my mani pedi. I will look great and be suitably camouflaged.

Sizzlesthedog Wed 20-May-15 16:37:28

Was going to say opi on Colluns avenue. A lovely orange red looks great with a tan.

LadyFuckrington Wed 20-May-15 17:22:28

LOVING the capsule wardrobe.

Pagwatch Wed 20-May-15 17:41:36

grin
There is a woman who has opened a shop near me who has bought the whole 'clothes lingo that makes one sound upmarket' thing hook line and sinker.
She talks about key pieces for the season, 'on trend' or 'must have pieces' and enthused about her soon to arrive cruise line.

I'm a self confessed Tosser who will pay a fortune for cashmere or a great dress but being asked if I wanted her to 'source some to-die-for pieces' for me made me run screaming into Primark.

She's batty - they are clothes, they don't bestow class or status. They would be magic clothes. I do love her though.

Pagwatch Wed 20-May-15 17:42:35

Sorry OP - gone massively off topic.
Go orange or coral. They look great with a tan.

PerpendicularVincenzo Wed 20-May-15 18:11:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

petitdonkey Wed 20-May-15 18:22:10

I've just had 'red my fortune cookie' which is redder than I would normally go but a lovely colour and on the orange end of red. My all time fave is 'charged up cherries' which is a pinky coral.

KissyBoo Wed 20-May-15 20:10:12

Miami beet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now