Silvery/ grey accessories for wedding, newborn and no time to shop!

(2 Posts)
dependentspouse Mon 18-May-15 21:29:29

I have a 10 day old and SIL is getting married in 2 weeks. I need a BF-accessible outfit, and had planned to wear a floral skirt and wrap white blouse. But then the invitation arrived and the wedding is black-tie! shock. So there will be lots of full-length dresses and general glitz and my planned outfit will be way too casual.

So I have bought a basic navy jersey dress from boobdesign.com (on phone so can't link but it's v plain, knee length and three quarter length sleeves) and plan to dress it up with silver heels and Whistles clutch bag that I have already. But I need either a jacket or cover up of some sort, or alternatively a headpiece to amp up the glamour factor! Oh and to distract from the 1.5 stone I need to lose too grin

I can spend up to 150 or so... Thanks for any ideas!

YouCanDanceIfYouWantTo Mon 18-May-15 21:56:27

Firstly, congratulations on your new baby! And for being so organised about the upcoming wedding.

I think a headpiece is a great idea, I'm a massive fan of them as if it's interesting enough it keeps the focus on your face than any wobbly bits (well, that's what I choose to believe...)

Have you thought about hiring a hat online? I quite like some of the ones on girl meets dress hire.girlmeetsdress.com/collections/hats-fascinators especially lilian and echo.

Hope you manage to find something!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now