Talk

Advanced search

Male endorsed perfumes

(5 Posts)
thisissohard Mon 18-May-15 10:59:18

I've just been reading an old article in The Telegraph about celebrity endorsed perfumes (link below):-

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9767260/The-sweet-smell-of-celebs.html

I own a few (Lovely and Glow) but I haven't really seen many fragrances for women that are endorsed by men. I remember the Chanel No 5 one when Brad Pitt was in the ad (it was a bit rambly if I recall), but I wouldn't have bought the perfume just because he was in the ad. So, what do you think about perfumes endorsed by male celebrities? Should there be more? What age range would they appeal to?
Personally, I am more concerned about the smell of a scent, rather than who is promoting it/ putting their name to it. My personal favourite perfume is Portrait of a Lady and that isn't endorsed by anyone. It kind of speaks for itself.
Anyway, I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this subject

EuphemiaCoxton Mon 18-May-15 11:55:06

I remember saying I would buy and wear chanel no. 5 if it meant I would attract Brad Pitt with it.

I love Brad.
Sadly it appears it isn't reciprocated.
Maybe that's because I didn't wear chanel no. 5.
grin

Itsalldramarama Mon 18-May-15 12:34:40

It's the smell thT counts ! Wouldn't be sucked into any perfume by an advert or whoever endorsed it ! Ooo portrait of a lady is all time favourite too smile closely followed by cuir de russie ... Never see these advertised or a celebrity endorsement;)

FrugalFashionista Mon 18-May-15 13:13:16

I think the Brad Pitt ad was refreshing because most perfume ads are so unmemorable these days - really tame/lame compared to some old ads - are you ready for Centaur? wink

My all-time favorite perfume ads are the classic Rene Gruau ads for Dior, Eau Sauvage in particular.

Swex Mon 18-May-15 13:16:44

Well. My. Some of those are a bit risqué! I remember the Lacoste one and thinking I wanted to lap him up li a bowl of cream. Didn't but the fragrance for anyone though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now