two weddings to go to this year.. dress help please?

(8 Posts)
flanjabelle Mon 18-May-15 09:52:48

I have recently lost 22lbs and am hoping to lose some more by September. I'm currently between a 12 and 14, but hope to be comfortably in a 12 by then.

I am 5 foot 6, Apple shaped with a wobbly mummy tummy. Good legs, not too bad arms, okish bum. I am finding it really hard to find clothes for my new size as I still see the overweight person in the mirror.

Any ideas for a lovely dress, budget up to £100 that isnt too posh posh as one is a more Smart/casual affair, but the other is a proper wedding so it needs to be smart enough for both.

Nothing tight fitting on the tummy as I would be too self conscious. I am pale with blonde hair so look washed out in really light colours.

Any help much appreciated as I'm more a jeans and top sort of person!

flanjabelle Mon 18-May-15 12:08:35

If anyone reads this, what do you think of this? Could it be dressed up enough for the posh wedding?

m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_62035+HS011133_-1

Pantsalive Mon 18-May-15 13:20:07

I think the green dress is fine and could be dressed up for the posh wedding but it's not very exciting. (Sorry).

I've seen people on here say that Mint Velvet is good for apple shapes. I know it's at the top of your budget but how about something like this? You could wear it with heels, jewellery, embellished clutch bag for the posh wedding and perhpas with flats and something more casual for the other one.

Pantsalive Mon 18-May-15 13:26:08

Or how about this one - more casual but could still be dressed up?

Dowser Mon 18-May-15 14:21:23

Bhs

Sophie grey dresses are lovely

Dowser Mon 18-May-15 14:36:45

So frustrated. Can't see your dress as I'm in car travelling through Oxfordshire and 3 G is rubbish.

flanjabelle Mon 18-May-15 14:41:37

I love the mint velvet one. I'm gking to have a nose through their bits later.

Yes the one I have chosen is a bit safe isn't it. I am so used to trying to blend into the background to be honest.

Chocolateteabag Mon 18-May-15 18:13:13

Unless you totally love it - sell the dead you do get on eBay - will off set the cost and make it feel much easier.

Having said that, I would also try getting a dress from eBay - much less chance of wearing the same thing as someone else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now