Talk

Advanced search

Hot cloth cleanser recommendation

(16 Posts)
cuntyMcCunterson Mon 18-May-15 03:13:48

Looking for a good hot cloth cleanser that doesn't contain cocoa butter? I've tried Liz Earle and sanctuary but both caused some congestion which I've put down to the cocoa butter. I don't mind spending a bit of money on it as I'm trying to overhaul my facial skin care regimen and take a bit more care of it!

MyFriendsCallMeOh Mon 18-May-15 03:51:32

Neal's yard wild rose beauty balm. Absolutely gorgeous, packed with rose hip oil that fights inflammation. A bit pricey but worth every penny IMHO.

chanie44 Mon 18-May-15 06:15:23

I used to use superdrug naturally radiant hot cloth cleanser. It's similar to Liz Earle, so may contain cocoa butter though.

I've heard good things about the body shop camomile cleaner balm, although it doesn't come with a cloth.

Nabootique Mon 18-May-15 08:15:26

How about an oil instead, which you can remove with a hot cloth? Most of the creamier ones and balms have a butter in (cocoa or shea, usually). I'm currently liking the Una Brennan vitamin C cleansing oil. I have issues with congestion as well, but this hasn't made it worse.

BeCool Mon 18-May-15 08:21:07

Pure @ m&s is good.
I also use an oil based cleanser from Botanics at bôots - cheap and great.

A product doesn't have to be labeled "hot cloth cleanser" to work this way. The main requirement is that it is oil based.

I find using a facecloth must more effective that a muslin too. Only £1 for 4 so great value.

mowglik Mon 18-May-15 13:33:14

I've been using elemis pro radiance balm and Emma hardie balm and love them both. The EH feels a little more like a skin treat so use that last thing at night.

I used body shop chamomile balm cleanser and didn't like that at all felt like it would clog my skin

magichandles Mon 18-May-15 13:40:27

If you are happy to spend a few £££, then try the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Balm - you can get a set of three small sizes from M&S which actually works out as a good way to try it as if you don't get on you can just ebay the ones you don't use/ give them as presents.

I never got on with Liz Earle or Eve Lom.

Providore Mon 18-May-15 13:43:42

I use Ren and like it a lot. Smells lovely c

CityDweller Mon 18-May-15 13:45:52

You can remove any cleanser with a 'hot cloth' (i.e. flannel).

I'm currently using the Body Shop camomile balm and Ren ClearCalm Clay one (love this). I've also used the M&S Pure 'miracle balm' as a cleanser and quite like that too.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 18-May-15 14:10:27

Body Shop's camomile sumptuous butter which is actually a balm in a tin. Really good stuff.

Parrotcake Mon 18-May-15 14:13:50

Pai have a really good cream cleanser which is amazing for sensitive skin.

Penguinsaresmall Mon 18-May-15 14:17:55

I use Coconut Oil and the nearest (hot) flannel. My skin is like a baby's bottom smile

cuntyMcCunterson Mon 18-May-15 14:59:35

Thanks for the suggestions, check out some of the options next time I'm shopping.
I'm currently using an oil and although I don't hate it, I'm not a huge fan either.
I've tried the Emma hardie one but wasn't a fan.
My favourite was eve lom but been flamed for using it due to mineral oil content so was looking for an alternative.

MamaLazarou Mon 18-May-15 15:27:17

Lush Ultrabland. It has changed my life (or my skin, at any rate).

goodasitgets Mon 18-May-15 15:37:51

Balmology neroli cleansing balm
Blissful, and smells amazing plus v natural ingredients

Lynne2015 Mon 18-May-15 15:41:29

Coconut oil or oilive oil work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now