Talk

Advanced search

please help me style this dress

(6 Posts)
MorelloKisses Sun 17-May-15 20:39:59

Hi, I have a wedding this weekend coming and have left it a bit late to sort my outfit. I bought this dress a while ago and need to style it, I like it, but it isn't a style I usually wear. The dress is cut straight, I tend to wear more pencil type dresses, also the neck is higher than I normally do for.

Anyhow, I need a jacket, I had envisioned a 60s style straight dress coat, single bottom at top, 3/4 sleeves and 1 inch longer than the dress, in white, but I can't find one!

I need the full works in terms of accessorising. I have nude patent courts an d black patent courts already and will probs use a largish tan tote as handbag as I have an 18 month old...

I can get to shoppe like Reiss, LK Bennett, French Connection etc, or anywhere that will deliver in time...

I'm brunette, size 10-12, curvy of bottom, slim boobs.

MorelloKisses Sun 17-May-15 20:44:06

Um...a single button at the top....I do in fact have one one bottom!

AtomicDog Sun 17-May-15 21:05:21

Hmm, you don't state a budget, however I have found a couple of things (not exactly what you wanted though!)

This from Phase 8 which could be nice, depending how tall you are, and where it hits your curves IYKWIM.

This one also from phase 8 but I'm not 100% convinced the colour is 'clean' enough, v hard to tell on a computer.

This is ivory, from Monsoon but might clash with the white...

Again, monsoon and ivory I guess you'd need to see it in person.

White does not seem to be popular atm!

Of course, fall-back question- have you looked in TKMaxx? I get almost all my wedding things there, usually no-one else has anything similar.

BillyBigchin Sun 17-May-15 21:07:38

I don't think tan will go tbh. I think you need black strappy and pointy shoes and a black or white coat. Are you definitely going to be outside? Because I would probably hedge my bets and not take one.

I'll have a scout round for you, what size shoe?

BillyBigchin Sun 17-May-15 21:12:57

Really like that first coat Atomic has linked to.

French Connection jacket

Reiss - love these shoes, although they are sort of nudeish

MorelloKisses Sun 17-May-15 21:40:23

Ooh, I love these shoes too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now