Talk

Advanced search

How do you organise/store your make up?

(17 Posts)
nochurniscream Sun 17-May-15 17:35:26

I have a big make up bag but it's one compartment and everything just gets mixed up together. Would like to keep stuff easy to get to though and my make up bag just sits on top of a big chest of drawers

How do you store and seperate your stuff? And what do you do with your brushes?

Pamelaaa Sun 17-May-15 17:36:44

Watching with interest! Also how often do you clear out your make up and how often do you replace basics?

southeastastra Sun 17-May-15 17:39:20

i use boxes from muji, you can stack them.

southeastastra Sun 17-May-15 17:39:52

also have a malm dressing table that has massive drawer

AmyElliotDunne Sun 17-May-15 17:40:19

I have a cutlery tray in my drawer. I have all the make-up higgledy piggledy separated into eyes, lips, foundation/powder etc then use one of the little compartments for sharpening pencils into.

ChablisTyrant Sun 17-May-15 17:45:42

I use a z palette www.amazon.co.uk/Palette-Medium-Customisable-Magnetic-Makeup/dp/B008M2FDGO for eye shadows and blusher.

chanie44 Sun 17-May-15 17:46:18

I have acrylic storage containers, probably similar to the muji ones a PP as referred to. It was from home bargains, but they often have them in Tk maxx.

MarniRose Sun 17-May-15 17:47:35

Well I have the large six drawer Malm chest of drawers from IKEA and I have their dividers in each drawer and I use those to compartmentalise it all

And yes, all six drawers are filled but then it's my passion in life

5446 Sun 17-May-15 18:12:39

I have a couple of Muji acrylic boxes for the stuff I use day to day and then one of these for the bulk of it

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 17-May-15 18:18:18

I got some clear plastic divided boxes (IKEA) they can go in the dishwasher if they get manky.

Brushes are kept in a wicker cylinder container, pencils in another.
I keep my day/night creams, eye serums and eyegels in one basket so I can grab them.

HappyGirlNow Sun 17-May-15 19:12:37

I have this dressing table.. Top shallow drawers have separate compartments. Most of my make up is in one of them. The makeup I wear every day is in a makeup bag that I keep in my handbag.

nochurniscream Mon 18-May-15 12:17:32

Thanks for the ideas!

Sonotkylie Mon 18-May-15 12:32:24

I have an organiser with different stand up compartments for day to day stuff eg BB cream, blusher, lipsalve, eyeliner, nail clippers and emery board, tweezers, brushes etc. And a small 3 drawer box for eyeshadows, lipsticks, proper make up, nail varnishes, etc. both are clear plastic and came from Amazon - less than £20 for the 2. I feel so much more together!

Stepawayfromthezebras Mon 18-May-15 13:02:51

I have the Muji boxes but you can get cheaper on eBay

FrugalFashionista Mon 18-May-15 13:08:40

Muji all the way, just bought a small new organizer to sort out my lipsticks. When you can reach everything more easily, you will use it more often.

Higgle Mon 18-May-15 13:22:40

I have a green metal trug I bought from a garden centre. I store brushes and pencils upright in two glasses inside it. It actually looks very nice on my bedroom chest of drawers.

SycamoreMum Mon 18-May-15 13:29:33

Ooo love a make up thread.

I have two cosmetic cases. One with everyday make up and eyelashes, sponges, wipes etc. In my other case, a ray of light opens from the heavens and shines down upon my designer make up. I keep it locked to keep my dd out of it. They open up and outwards with lots of trays and pull out trays.

I clean them out every time I buy a new piece of make up or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now