Botox users roll call

(19 Posts)
emmarowlands Sat 16-May-15 10:59:20

I thought it would be a good idea to start a forum for those who have had botox treatment simply to collect together the various backgrounds we have. No critical comments about the issue of Botox in general please- enough of those elsewhere.

I suggest: age at first Botox treatment, how many years of Botox, which areas treated, overall satisfaction levels,,any side effects, whom have you told, how many of your friends do you know have had it?

I'll kick off:
40, only 1 month ago, crows feet and forehead lines, very satisfied, only pinprick redness on the day, told 2 friends, know of 3 friends who has Botox

Emma x

Itsalldramarama Sat 16-May-15 11:43:06

Now 48 , hD Botox first at 42 , all three areas, but softer in crows feet as it looks to fake if totally smooth especially when not balanced with lower face ! Budget not allowing for it the last 18months and I do miss it madly sad would have again if I could , subtle is the key !
However since following the amazing faces thread I have seen a massive improvement and my mother actually asked if I had Botox again smile so that's a big boost smile
I didn't tell any of my friends at the time as I knew they would think I was just being vain ! ( far from it I am insecure with my looks and just want to look the best I can )

Brices Sat 16-May-15 16:52:05

Started 35 years old, all over face, very happy with results. Most people know I have it done as most people know what I do for a living (inject botox!)
Regards friends, I'd say half do and half don't bother

Fatstacks Sat 16-May-15 17:03:59

I started at 30, only in my 11's, terrible eyesight and developed migraine headaches.
Took my Mum to have botox in her pelvic floor grin and the nurse mentioned it can help migraine so went for it.

Now I have it in my frown lines too and bunny wrinkles.

I've had two migraine since (in 8 years) instead of two per week.

namelessposter Sat 16-May-15 17:11:45

Started at 38. Now 40. Eyes only. Secret from everyone. Get it done every 3-4 months. I find the injections uncomfortable, but it's worth it.

Want2bSupermum Sat 16-May-15 17:15:41

I'm 35 and thinking of starting Botox. I don't have many lines but I am looking to prevent them. My skin is a nightmare as I have rosacia hence looking to go straight to Botox.

ageingdisgracefully Sat 16-May-15 18:33:59

I first had it aged about 50 but didn't carry on with it due to lack of funds. I found it ok but prefer facial exercises these days. The first time I looked like Spock for a while; the second time was a bit gentler.

I'm saving for something a bit more invasive nowwink

herethereandeverywhere Sat 16-May-15 21:07:44

Started 12 months ago at 37.

I had bad 11s and forehead lines so just those zones at first, after about 6 months I added crow's feet too. My Dr is very good and 'does me with movement'. I have much less in the crow's feet area than the other 2 heavy lined areas.

I am noticing that my body 'fights' it quicker so movement (in the still bits) is beginning to return after about 8-10 weeks. I'm really happy with the results and 'lift' it gives me.

My friend who recommended it and the colleague she also recommended it to me know = just 2 people. No-one else knows and no-one has commented, not even my husband! (I do have a fringe which disguised the initial 'change'.)

I have cats bum mouth lips and REALLY need to sort them (though almost no nose to mouth lines). My Dr is a GP so won't touch any other 'zone' nor do fillers - any recommendations anyone?!!

Buttwing Sun 17-May-15 20:11:55

I first had it at 35 for the horizontal lines across my forehead. I love it but had to stop because I had three babies in quick succession. However my youngest is now seven months so I'm off to have it done next month I'm having the sides of my eyes done as well this time they are looking a bit tired-probably down to the three babies! grin

Buttwing Sun 17-May-15 20:13:42

Sorry meant to add a few close friends know, dp doesn't but after the first time I had it he told me I looked really well. I said it was down to lots of fruit and veg! He doesn't approve of it at all.
Just as well it's not his face then!

hairypaws Sun 17-May-15 20:22:47

Started at 43, so 2 years now. I get it on forehead and 11s. I love the stuff and really see a difference when it wears off, my face sags a bit again. I do however find it very painful (really stingy). I've progressed to fillers and got my lips done (very subtlety) which doesn't really hurt at all at the time but leaves them very bruised and painful for about a week or so - I do bruise easily though.

I tell friends but not in laws as I fear they would really judge me hmm

Fatstacks Mon 18-May-15 15:24:02

I tell my pals, I announce that my botox is due and they likely won't recognise me next week because I will look 18 again.

I've had all the snarky comments but I honestly don't care.

My DP goes on for a day or so about the cost but I tell him he should get the army to send him on a course to do it so I could get mine cheap grin

Apart from the migraine I was really surprised at myself for enjoying the results so much.

I'm considering fillers for my top lip too but not yet, an ex smoker and the female side of our family suffer thinning lips as they age.

Lynne2015 Mon 18-May-15 15:40:26

as a matter of interest, how much is it approx and how long does it last

Fatstacks Mon 18-May-15 16:37:14

I have a full vial spread across my 11's, frown lines, bunny lines and crows feet.
£150 for the vial.
I've had it for a while so I only need it every six months.

Marylou2 Mon 18-May-15 18:35:06

Every 6 months.Started last year at 45. Have 11s and forehead lines done. DH supportive Friends said I didn't need it done but amazingly some of the people who were most vocally against it have started to go too.smile .

ginorwine Mon 18-May-15 21:43:08

Have had it done to try to raise one brow . Didn't do much except a v little .- wish I could get the Spock effect for that brow ! Practitioner says can't do much . Had fillers for mee to lip : fab . Bruised and had to pretend to my ds d d it was from the dentist . Don't tell other than one close pal . What do others say bout swollen lips etc - I need some plausible explanations for next time ! Plus details of someone who can really lift my one droopy brow! Thanks op - it doesn't seem something one can discuss much in r l . I read a recent thread which suggested it makes for saggy skin in log term ! Any views?

BadgersArse Mon 18-May-15 21:43:35

Emma

ALL your posts are about Botox or tooth whitening.

Have you an investment here?

BadgersArse Mon 18-May-15 21:44:15

emmarowlands's most recent posts

Botox users roll call in the Style and beauty topic
Would you have your teeth whitened before your Wedding? in the Relationships topic
Had secret botox this morning in the Style and beauty topic
Love my Botox at 40! in the Style and beauty topic
Would you have botox in the Style and beauty topic

FatAli Mon 18-May-15 22:15:43

Don't forget the sadly unanswered 'Politicians and Botox'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now