Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Grey / brown eyebrow pencil

(7 Posts)
AllTalkNo Fri 15-May-15 08:19:10

Is there such a thing? The lighter colours seem too yellowish brown for me. I need something to match my hair which I am letting go grey (another story, I'm in the transition phase which I'm finding hard....). I'd use an eyebrow pencil or a powder but need it to have a greyish tinge.

Lovewearingjeans Fri 15-May-15 08:22:54

Try a taupe eyeshadow. I've got a really old Tesco one, not sure about the name of it, sorry.

Colaslushie Fri 15-May-15 08:29:22

benefit gimme brow is good, the lighter shade is very natural looking. I use an ordinary hb pencil to fill in patchy areas (I know that sounds weird but it's a tip I read in a Sali Hughes column and it works really well, the ashy colour is perfect) and then put some gimme brow over the top, to add fullness.

TobikkoRoll Fri 15-May-15 08:40:26

Laura Mercier does a range of eyebrow pencils in varying colours. I've enjoyed using mine, subtle but effective.

AllTalkNo Fri 15-May-15 08:42:02

An ash rather than blonde shade is what I'm after, not sure whether I could do it with an ordinary pencil though, but we do have loads of those hanging around in the house....

FrugalFashionista Fri 15-May-15 09:52:00

The Shiseido one in Natural Black is actually gray, superb stuff. I also use very light taupe eyeshadow (a cool taupe from an ancient Revlon duo) to fill out my brows.

HazleNutt Fri 15-May-15 14:10:48

I have the same problem, my eyebrows are very light, but gray, not brown. And all light eyebrow pencils are too reddish. So instead I'm using eyeshadow for my eyebrows, as you can find them in all possible shades, also greyish brown. Might that work for you as well?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now