Talk

Advanced search

Calling all facial oil users how do you....

(20 Posts)
Iloveangel Thu 14-May-15 19:14:49

Calling all facial oil users...how of you use the oil on your face without it 'travelling'into your hairline and making your hair greasy??
I have fine, limp, greasy
hair to start with so the
addition of facial oil into my hair is just not good newshmm.
Anyone not use oil for this reason??
Thanks

Alibabsandthe40Musketeers Thu 14-May-15 19:27:18

I only use oil on the dry areas of my face, and my forehead isn't one of them.

What shampoo do you use? I have always had greasy hair, except now I use Aveda mint and rosemary and have no problems at all.

Iloveangel Thu 14-May-15 19:47:06

Always had greasy hair regardless of shampoo unfortunately, just wondered if anyone dosen't use oil for this reason...and uses a quick drying non greasy moisturiser instead..

Shop Thu 14-May-15 20:52:01

I have fine hair and use facial oil very night. It's never gone in to my hairline I think I'd have to use way way too much to get it to do that.

How much are you using?

Sparkletastic Thu 14-May-15 20:53:26

Use oil at night. Wash hair in morning.

DrankSangriaInThePark Thu 14-May-15 20:54:38

I have just done my nightly oil and there's definitely none in my hair....I agree that you might be using too much?

Iloveangel Thu 14-May-15 20:55:42

About 5 drops and I spread it all over my face......can't believe I have got to the age of 42 and am questioning why I can't use a simple facial oil properly??!!
Should I just be putting it on drier parts of face ie cheeks and leaving out the t zone completely??

Shop Thu 14-May-15 21:35:18

It really depends on the oil and how your skin is.

I do face & neck with 2/3 drops but I have a combination skin and use it as a serum (so night cream on top)

Alibabsandthe40Musketeers Fri 15-May-15 00:17:57

I only use 2-3 drops, 5 sounds like a lot.

Are you using a moisturiser over the top/underneath?

Iloveangel Fri 15-May-15 05:41:32

No no moisteriser, should I be using this aswell.....I am using the Clarins night treatment oil which smells great....so would not want to put something else over it.
I think by the sounds of it I need to reduce how much I am using and also not put it all over my face up to my hairline....

Nabootique Fri 15-May-15 08:31:17

2/3 drops all over my face and it doesn't go in my hair. I have fine hair which is prone to being a bit greasy. I put oil over moisturiser at night as the molecules are bigger in the oil.

HappenstanceMarmite Fri 15-May-15 11:14:47

When did oil on face become a thing? I've spent my life being told/reading that oil should be avoided at all costs!

DrankSangriaInThePark Fri 15-May-15 17:20:57

Oil is even good on oily skin Happenstance! Depends on the oil of course though.

I don't use a night cream after my oil, except a big gloop of Astral on my neck. I think it depends how dry your skin is though OP and again, the type of oil. I believe, although Nabootique will know better than me) that oil should go on last as it might stop any cream penetrating.

HappenstanceMarmite Fri 15-May-15 19:06:04

Thanks Sangria. Shall have to do some swotting up then. When I was a teen it was all about Anne French Cleansing Milk and the paint-stripperesque Clearasil astringent spot lotion! shock

DrankSangriaInThePark Fri 15-May-15 19:42:34

Ooh yes, astringent my Mum used to call it. Ouch.

Nabootique Fri 15-May-15 20:02:54

You're right, Drank. It would be like little molecules trying to push their way through big molecules. I think putting it under moisturiser is more because people prefer the way it leaves their skin feeling.

Nabootique Fri 15-May-15 20:07:52

What oil are you using, OP? Some oils are "drier" than others.

Iloveangel Fri 15-May-15 20:25:13

I am using Clarins Blue Orchid Oil and also sweet almond oil....love using oils but just feel like I need to wash my hair afterwardshmmhmm

Nabootique Fri 15-May-15 21:23:05

Sounds okay. I think like a PP said, try using less. Let us know in the morning!

SuburbanCrofter Sat 16-May-15 17:52:18

I use three drops which I mix with a squirt of moisturiser. I apply it in the morning when I've washed my hair, which is wrapped in a towel - so any oil that reaches my hairline will be absorbed by the towel smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now