No7 intelligent colour foundation

(18 Posts)
Indecisivejo Wed 13-May-15 09:48:15

Who uses/loves this?
What skin type are you and why do you like it? grin

RoyCroppersCricketBat Wed 13-May-15 10:00:17

I love itsmile I'm 51 with ageing combination skin, but have been using it for years (at least 10 years). I don't use it everyday but tend to use it in place of a BB cream or tinted moisturiser, especially in the summer. It is quite sheer coverage so I find it ideal for when the weather is warmer and a tinted moisturiser would make me "shine" too much.

I am a typical medium colouring and use the "medium" colour way and find that it adapts to my skin perfectly.

Pony74 Wed 13-May-15 11:28:41

Me too. I love it. Gives me an even complexion without looking like I have make-up on.

Olinguito Wed 13-May-15 12:10:53

I like it too. I'm quite pale and getting on a bit - I use the light one to even up my complexion and it gives a healthier look without being obvious. It's also not greasy or shiney at all. I use a moisturiser underneath it.

almahart Wed 13-May-15 12:43:48

I like it too. Also like their one in a tube for about a tenner, might have the word natural in the title

Indecisivejo Wed 13-May-15 14:19:49

Thank you,
Those who use it how do you apply it?
I really struggle with foundation, every single one I've tried makes my skin look awful, I want something a bit more than a tinted moisturiser and non greasy! All bb creams I tried are shit too.

Olinguito Wed 13-May-15 19:17:13

I just squeeze some into the palm of one hand, and spread it on with my fingers - seems to work ok!

Indecisivejo Wed 13-May-15 21:33:31

Ok thank you, does anyone use a sponge with it?

pussinboots61 Wed 13-May-15 23:06:02

The other foundation, is it Essentially Natural? It's in a grey tube, under a tenner, very good.

forago Wed 13-May-15 23:12:40

I've also used it for years and I use makeup sponges to put it on

mousmous Wed 13-May-15 23:15:56

I like it.
I still look like me but less tired and blotchy. I like that I don't get tide marks and a tube lasts me about 3 months. as it's very smooth it goes on well. I use my fingertips.

Indecisivejo Thu 14-May-15 06:26:21

Cool thank you.
Pussinboots61 I've got the essentially natural but it looks crap on my skin, that one to me is defo more of a "foundation"

Hippychickster Thu 14-May-15 07:26:24

I LOVE this foundation! I can put it on without even looking in a mirror. It blends perfectly and the colour just matches my skin. It doesn't look like I'm wearing any makeup, but it completely smooths everything out. It's brilliant. In fact, in the past when I've run out, I've been known to cut the tube open and get the last bit out of the bottom!

almahart Thu 14-May-15 17:17:52

Yes, Essentially Natural. I haven't had colour match for years but I remember really liking it. Have the mumsnet bourjois foundation on the go at the moment too but am getting a bit bored of it

Bunbaker Thu 14-May-15 17:21:29

It is by far the best foundation I have ever tried. I love the texture and the fact that it evens out my skin without me looking like I am wearing make up. I have fair skin and use the palest shade they have.

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Thu 14-May-15 22:20:39

I use the medium shade as gives a bit of colour. Goes on like velvet and then use some creme de mer loose powder in a compact. This sets it and can reapply when needed.

Bunbaker Thu 14-May-15 22:27:12

I find that I don't need to set IC foundation. However, I do use a primer underneath.

Indecisivejo Fri 15-May-15 06:47:49

I'm glad lots of you seem to like it.
I've never been able to wear foundation it just doesn't sit well on my skin type even the ones that promise to be non drying and light etc etc, but the intelligent colour is different, nothing like any of the other "colour adapt" ones either! It's like a matt tinted moist but with better coverage smile just hope they don't discontinue it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now