Talk

Advanced search

What to pack for eurocamp?

(7 Posts)
TulipBluebell Tue 12-May-15 22:24:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Tue 12-May-15 22:35:10

Will you go out for dinner at all in the evening? That's the only time I'd wear a dress, but you don't have to be smart. People wear all sorts.

Eigg Tue 12-May-15 22:58:38

You might want a cover up type dress to pop on after swimming. In my experience people don't use the swimming pool showers, preferring to walk back to their own vans for a shower.

It depends on the site, some have nice restaurants so you might want to pop in something dressy.

louloubelle2 Wed 13-May-15 08:47:54

I hope you're joking about the Bretons.

Campsites in France are very casual and not at all stylish. I've stayed in loads. The majority nationalities are british, german and dutch, and many are hardcore campers who don't give a rats arse about fashion. Wear swimwear with a cover up dress during the day, shorts and vests if you are not swimming, and take a couple of casual dresses or trousers for eating in the evening. You'll only need flip flops for round the campsite, and a pair of sandals for the evening, but they don't need to be blingy, birkenstocks will do.

I was going to say no way to jeans, but I go in august. if you're going next month, they might be needed in the evening as it will be cooler. Also maybe a couple of cotton cardigans, and a waterproof jacket, and some trainers.

A week is no time at all, so don't overpack. More tops than bottoms if anything, if you are swimming everyday and staying on site you'd be surprised at how few day clothes you need.

dreamingofsun Wed 13-May-15 09:23:51

something to wear in bed, even in a mobile it would be cold at night in june, though we were in brittany. r u in a tent or mobile?

TulipBluebell Wed 13-May-15 16:54:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Anewmeanewname Wed 13-May-15 17:13:53

Erm it's Eurocamp - if you look in the slightest bit stylish, you'll stand out like a sore thumb! smile

Just take clothes that are comfortable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now