Talk

Advanced search

job interview.. what to wear with grey trousers

(5 Posts)
hettie Tue 12-May-15 11:48:24

I've an interview tommorow and have a smart pair of grey mango trousers and black shoes. Can't decide what to wear on top... If I have a black jacket with out it will it look odd? If not smart shirt/blouse and cardi? I have a standard interview dress, but it's too formal for the role... Help!

TheGruffal0 Tue 12-May-15 13:45:59

I am totally unqualified to comment but think shirt and cardi would be more stylish than black jacket... if thats appropriate for the job.

Twinklestar2 Tue 12-May-15 14:21:12

No to the black jacket and grey trousers. I'd wear shirt and cardigan.

Iamblossom Tue 12-May-15 14:26:28

I wear navy blue blouse and jacket with grey trousers and blue shoes. I would wear black jacket, shirt and black shoes with grey troos too

carrie74 Tue 12-May-15 14:47:34

I wore grey trousers to my last interview (for the job I've now been working in for 4 months grin. I wore a bright green jumper (creative industry, so I wanted to look smart but not suited and booted), but I also wear them with navy or red. My favourite is the green though, which I sometimes wear over a white shirt (can't remember if I did for interview - probably).

I'd say no to the black jacket (although depends on the type of trousers and jacket. If you were wearing a black shirt and the jacket is cropped and the trousers are slim cigarette pants, I can imagine a nice silhouette).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now