Advanced search

thinking of treating myself to jo malone Cologne-Collection

(9 Posts)
CatSwag Mon 11-May-15 23:31:50

here

shall I

is it nice?

Carpaccio Tue 12-May-15 00:08:05

Personally, I don't think the jo malone colognes are worth the money. They last only a few hours on the skin. I also don't think the perfumes smell that good.

I'd rather spend the money on a chanel or hermes perfume.

BritabroadinAsia Tue 12-May-15 06:34:47

Have you smelt them all? Do you like them all?

I was given this as a gift, and it is lovely - although I didn't like all the fragrances so one of them was a bit of a waste. It is great for travelling as you can take 1 or 2 with you more easily than a full size bottle. My favourite of hers is the cologne intense in Oud andBergamot, which is fabulous.. and I find longer lasting than the normal range of colognes.

dexter73 Tue 12-May-15 08:30:34

I was disappointed with mine. It smelt lovely but it had disappeared by lunchtime. Also the price shock!!

BumbleNova Tue 12-May-15 09:10:40

have you heard of Jo Malone's new stuff - Jo loves? they do a set of ten samples and when you decide which one you like, they send you a 30 or 100ml bottle of the one you like the most. No issues of wastage if you dont like any of them.

www.joloves.com/gifts/fragrance-discovery-30/

I am a huge Jo Malone fan but her Jo Malone brand was sold to a private equity firm and its lost its way a bit. Jo Loves is Jo Malone doing her own thing again.

CatSwag Tue 12-May-15 10:40:27

thanks yes when I was xmas shopping I smelt a few in Selfridges, but I didn't buy any at the time, I remember thinking oh I that and that and that

but no the names hmm

just feel like a need a little treat/pick me up
plus I have birthday n xmas money not yet spent

CatSwag Tue 12-May-15 10:42:55

hmm that jo loves looks like a good idea

lurkingfromhome Tue 12-May-15 12:19:53

Jo Loves is soooo much better then the Jo Malone range. I used to be a diehard fan but the quality is just not the same since the company got sold off. I still adore Blackberry & Bay, mind you, but the last two I've bought (Earl Grey & Cucumber and Sea salt & Sage) barely last ten minutes and I'm not convinced I actually like the smell. I also bought one of the limited edition ones last year (Gingerbread Biscuit) and it honestly smelled like Pledge furniture polish.

The Jo Loves range is divine, though. I've had a couple of samples and they are beautiful, and pretty long-lasting.

CatSwag Tue 12-May-15 18:08:51

thanks i've just ordered the sample pack

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now