We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

workwear in new company

(1 Post)
SuperFlyHigh Mon 11-May-15 16:12:03

Starting a new job as legal PA/sec in 2-3 weeks. The firm will be young (I'm a youngish 43) and quite smart. The boss is very dynamic and used to be a city banker and at a guess about 30 or so.

where I work now in same role its more smart/casual - anything goes even leggings. i can get away with most things day to day but I sometimes feel I'm too casual.

I also want to set up a small business on the side (not related to my work) so need ideas for meetings - this needs to be similar sort of outfits to my new job.

Right now I tend to wear:-

cropped black trousers
pin striped trousers
occasional dress (smart workwear) from eg Zara but with a splash of colour in it.
I also have the odd Fenn Wright Manson dress that is nice for everyday/meetings etc... and looks good with jackets.

I have bought a few things over the past year eg smarter stuff like black with white piping jacket from H&M etc... a grey skirt suit from Warehouse, pastel zipped blouse from Warehouse etc. I also have TM Lewin shirts, Karen Millen cream blouses etc.

but all my other stuff is either smart skirt suit (Reiss), some workwear dresses (H&M and Mango Suit).

I have a really nice wool cropped black and white sort of jacket thing from Miss Selfridge not super smart but you could get away with wearing it to work.

I don't want to spend a fortune but I don't want to stick out and look dated.

Help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now