Talk

Advanced search

Life would be so much easier if clothes didn't exist!

(9 Posts)
lookingforsunshine Sun 10-May-15 21:16:49

HI,

Can anyone direct me to a 'good' clothing blog please? I'm in my 30s and hopeless at figuring out what looks good together, what to wear. Over the years, I've tried to get better at putting outfits together but I really am useless. Sometimes I use a personal shopper but it's not always practical.

I would love to find a blog which I can just pinch ideas from. I live in uk and am looking for budget-mid price stuff. I'm not particularly looking for latest fashion. Just standard everyday, fairly boring stuff. Surely, someone must have created a blog like this?

I have looked but not found anything that's quite right.

Alternatively, does anyone have any other ideas that might help me?

Thanks in advance!

NewTwenty Sun 10-May-15 21:28:32

I find dresses help me with this.

Dress on.

Footwear on.

Gone.

lookingforsunshine Sun 10-May-15 21:47:17

I agree...but which shoes go with which dress and which outfit is suitable for which occasion?!

I feel like the rest of humanity has been born with an innate ability to understand clothes...

CointreauVersial Sun 10-May-15 22:32:58

OK, a few blogs with "everyday" High Street clothes:

Style Guile
School Gate Style
Does my Bum Look 40 in This?
Dorothy Camper
Susie So So
What Lizzy Loves
What Lou Wore
Re:style
Midlife Chic

Mumstudentbum Sun 10-May-15 22:43:08

Oh I feel the same. I'm 31 and I feel like I rarely get it right. Thanks for the blog ideas too x

lookingforsunshine Mon 11-May-15 18:37:46

Thanks very much Cointeau. Really good starting point. Most of the blogs you've suggested are for ladies in their 40s-does anyone know any similar but for slightly younger ladies? (Sorry to be picky!!)-I'm early 30s.

So nice to hear I'm not alone too.

One of the areas I struggle with the most is footware... how does the rest of society know what to wear with what? And with dresses, how do I know if I need tights and if so wooly or thin ones...

I should become a hermit. ;-)

NewTwenty Mon 11-May-15 21:15:17

Boots solve all problems for half the year. Then into sandals.

CointreauVersial Mon 11-May-15 21:52:28

grin Sorry yes, I'm in my late 40s so those are the blogs I tend to look at. Not all of those are as ancient as me though. A few more at the slightly younger end:

VIXPO
Glamrosie
School Run Style (not to be confused with School Gate Style)
Thankfifi
All Worn Out

lookingforsunshine Mon 11-May-15 23:05:48

Oh wow, thanks so much. Had a quick look and already seen few looks I love. Really looking forward to going through them all properly.

:-).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now