Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a dress

(5 Posts)
Sorehead Sun 10-May-15 16:02:37

I have a night out planned in a couple of weeks with some old work friends. This is my first proper night out since having DC1 at the end of last year and so I'd like a new outfit for the occasion. I'm pretty rubbish at choosing clothes and am stuck in a bit of a style rut.

I'd like something sophisticated yet sexy because I desperately want to feel attractive for a change, rather than covered in baby sick and I'm having a bit of a confidence crisis.

Budget is as cheap as possible without looking cheap, although no more than £50-60.

I'm 5ft 3, sort of hourglass, size 8-10 and have a long torso in proportion to my stumpy legs. Definitely need to be able to wear a bra with the outfit! Thanks to a pretty nasty stomach bug and a baby who dislikes me eating I've managed to shift my baby weight.

I have a couple of years left til I'm 30 and have an English rose ghostly pale complexion.

When following the legs or cleavage rule, I tend to go for the latter.

Thanks in advance for your help!

FauxFox Sun 10-May-15 16:23:58

navy jumpsuit
blue
khaki
floral
wrap style
green lace

Sorehead Sun 10-May-15 16:30:21

Thanks FauxFox

I really like the wrap style one. What shoes/ bag would look good with that blue? smile

Greenrememberedhills Sun 10-May-15 16:56:03

Nude heels? Strappy sandals?

Or go boho and do ankle boots?

Sorehead Sun 10-May-15 20:31:27

Oooh I have nude heels, and a matching bag! That leaves more money for cocktails grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now