Talk

Advanced search

Clinique Sonic Brush - any good?

(8 Posts)
ShyGirlie Sat 09-May-15 19:20:28

Just as the title says. At over £70 it's pretty expensive so just wondering if it's worth it before I splurge?

I have quite congested skin, with constant small spots on my cheeks.

LordEmsworth Sat 09-May-15 21:15:01

I got mine just before Easter. Love it. My skin feels so clean and really soft afterwards. I have good skin anyway, but do have some lumps along my jawline which sometimes break out - they are nearly gone. I would recommend.

Shonajay Sun 10-May-15 03:13:51

It got very badly slated at a recent which review or style thing, can't remember. Apparently it's too harsh, and the handle vibrates more than the brush. I was swithering about its on but that put me off, I went for the clarisonic and it did really well in the tests and my skin looks much better. The lidl one did badly too.

KoalaDownUnder Sun 10-May-15 03:18:53

Shonajay! Can you please come back and tell us more about the Clarisonic? (Sorry to hijack thread, OP flowers)

BumWad Sun 10-May-15 04:10:08

You can buy so many cheaper ones that are meant to be just as good

ShyGirlie Sun 10-May-15 06:05:29

shonajay please tell me more about clarisonic

bumwad what brand are the cheaper ones, and where can i find them?

dazzlingdeborahrose Sun 10-May-15 09:28:38

I have it and I love it. Nothing harsh about. The handle on mine certainly doesn't vibrate. The trick is not to press down as you use. Just guide the brush over your face. If you press then it's too harsh. The brush should be just lightly touching your skin.

sksk Sun 10-May-15 17:41:11

I have an Olay one that I bought last year when on offer at Boots. I don't use it every day as I get a red nose generally, though not related to the brush (maybe mild rosacea), but I find it to be fine. However, I don't know how it compares to a Clarisonic or others. I doubt I will buy a different one, though, now that I have this. The replacement heads have been easy enough to get so far. There are 2 settings, one is slightly faster than the other. It does not feel harsh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now