Top to go with this skirt

(8 Posts)
ImBrian Fri 08-May-15 17:12:49

Help please, I need something to go with this skirt. I have a christening and wedding coming up so will wear same thing for both. I have no dressy clothes so need a bit of advice. I've seen this and really like it.

http://www.riverisland.com/women/skirts/tube--pencil-skirts/pink-floral-print-jersey-pencil-skirt-670580

I'm 5"11 size 10, I have a tattoo on my upper arm so would prefer not spaghetti straps or something I could put over the top that has longer sleeves.

I'm also thinking nude court shoes?

Yes or am I going to look a clip?

Skinheadmermaid Fri 08-May-15 17:16:55

Its slightly off topic but you could cover up the tattoo if you wanted?
www.xovain.com/makeup/how-to-conceal-a-colorful-tattoo
This article has some good tips.

ImBrian Fri 08-May-15 17:19:09

Yeah I've seen some make up that will cover, tbh it doesn't really bother me but it's not finished. It's on my inside arm so not that noticeable.
Thanks for the link smile

Flyinggeese21 Fri 08-May-15 19:58:30

ImBrian that skirt is gorgeous! The colours are so summery and vibrant.

Could you perhaps wear something similar on top to what the model in the pic is wearing? Or do you want the freedom to take jacket off and not have arms showing?

ImBrian Fri 08-May-15 20:13:47

A jacket over a vest would be fine, that pink jackets £60 though so a cheaper version would be better. Plus it's crepe material which for some reason makes me think of my gran!

Flyinggeese21 Fri 08-May-15 20:26:00

I'm the same with crepe! And 'rough' polyester...

Flyinggeese21 Fri 08-May-15 20:30:10

Something like this?

www.asos.com/asos/asos-blazer-with-clean-lapel/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4706919&clr=Dustypink&SearchQuery=Jacket&pgesize=8&pge=0&totalstyles=8&gridsize=3&gridrow=3&gridcolumn=2

ImBrian Sat 09-May-15 22:05:38

Yes that would go, I'm going to drag myself out shopping this week but I'll definitely keep that one in mind. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now