Talk

Advanced search

Natural make up brand

(6 Posts)
slithytove Wed 06-May-15 21:05:18

I need some advice on make up please.

I can't apply it, and don't use anything above the basic pencil eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss.

For my upcoming birthday my mum has offered to pay for me to have an application at one of the department store stands, and to treat me to the make up used (within reason!).

I am interested in a natural, everyday look, focusing on smoothing out my skin, and making my short, patchy eyebrows look better. With the ability to emphasis my eyes for an evening look.

About £120 to spend on a few decent products.

Which brand would you recommend I try?

I am pale, pink cheeked, blue eyes, brownish dark blondish hair. Late twenties.

Gem124 Thu 07-May-15 09:01:44

Bobbi Brown seems to be the go to place on here. Mac are notorious for very heavy make up so I'd avoid them. No7 counters in Boots are actual really good at colour matching and do soft, natural make up and the women really know their products. Plus you'd get a lot for your money make up/ skin care wise :-)

TheGruffal0 Thu 07-May-15 09:05:26

Loving the new bare minerals gel foundation, don't know about their other products though.

slithytove Thu 07-May-15 12:35:24

Brilliant. Might try no7 then

slithytove Thu 07-May-15 12:53:51

Also, which items are vital and which can be skipped?

E,g. Do I need a moisturiser, primer, foundation, under eye concealer, concealer, and powder?

Gem124 Thu 07-May-15 23:25:16

I use no7 hot cloth cleanser, essential moisture day/night cream and there face scrub (white tube black lid) and find that my skin is good enough to never wear foundation. They do a really good highlighter with a brush attached that i use all over if I'm going somewhere more exciting that work! I wear medium powder which they recommended despite me always going for pale and it made a huge difference, purple/black eyeliner as not as intense as black and exceptional definition mascara. Then lancome bronzer, loreal toner and blusher. Hope that helps. I'd def recommend them xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now