Talk

Advanced search

Suddenly very dry skin & lots of contact allergies

(10 Posts)
KatyMac Wed 06-May-15 17:47:21

All of a sudden I have very dry skin & scalp - it's itchy & driving me crazy (never mind the dandruff)

So I'm allergic to:
Oil of olay
Oil of olay sensative
Nivea
Aqueous cream if I use it too much
Pretty much all bubble bath
Some shampoos (head & shoulders is OK, as is Aussie)
Every body lotion/hand lotion I have every tried

So what can I use?

Skinheadmermaid Wed 06-May-15 18:06:53

I'm allergic to pretty much your whole list except for shampoos. I use vasaline moisturiser (yellow one) on my face and body and items from the body shop aloe vera range.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 06-May-15 19:28:39

Allergenics cream from Holland and Barrett or a whole food shop- wonderful stuff.

KatyMac Wed 06-May-15 19:55:52

Thanks I'll have a look

Tuono Wed 06-May-15 20:22:48

This recently happened to DS's hands. Nothing worked.

Then I got him Aveeno soap and hand cream, 6 weeks later his skin is perfect again. I'm keeping him on it just in case.

Still no idea what caused it.

KatyMac Wed 06-May-15 20:26:34

It's my hands, chin forehead & scalp & it's driving me crazy!!

gnoomi Wed 06-May-15 20:27:51

Aveeno is good. Also we had a dermatologist recommend vosene to us as one of the safest shampoos (if you end up with trouble). I'm not quite as bad as DH (who has also been ok with Norwegian formula stuff). I've found Simple products ok. I'd also recommend Ultrasun (pricey I know) for a sunscreen, no skin issues in our house and truly lasts all day.

gnoomi Wed 06-May-15 20:28:51

Aveeno is good. Also we had a dermatologist recommend vosene to us as one of the safest shampoos (if you end up with trouble). I'm not quite as bad as DH (who has also been ok with Norwegian formula stuff). I've found Simple products ok. I'd also recommend Ultrasun (pricey I know) for a sunscreen, no skin issues in our house and truly lasts all day.

gnoomi Wed 06-May-15 20:29:11

Sorry for double posting, not sure what happened

Katymac Sat 16-May-15 09:56:13

Turns out it's an allergy in itself - probably to rapeseed pollen according to the GP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now