Talk

Advanced search

under eye 'grooves'

(19 Posts)
poppym12 Wed 06-May-15 13:11:12

they're not bags; they're not puffy; nor are they particularly dark. they're just deep horrible grooves that i can't seem to disguise in any way. i seem to have had them forever (now mid 40's with very good skin and few lines).

does anyone have any advice as to what i can do to improve the look of them as i always look drained and tired?

Twitchcoco Wed 06-May-15 13:36:20

I swipe down mine with a bit of Touche Eclat. Works perfectly for me.

poppym12 Wed 06-May-15 17:17:45

they still look like grooves though then, just more even coloured grooves.

Fabulassie Wed 06-May-15 17:20:36

It sounds like you mean tear troughs. Have you considered fillers?

Have a look at these photos:

www.google.co.uk/search?q=tear+trough+filler+before+and+after&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=574&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=QT9KVYGJMMOd7gbxloD4Cw&ved=0CCAQsAQ

ApplePaltrow Wed 06-May-15 17:23:12

You can sort of fill them in with concealer and powder. tons of videos on YouTube. It literally smoothed out the line.

AgathaF Wed 06-May-15 17:27:45

I agree they sound like tear troughs. I get mine filled and it makes such a difference.

Twitchcoco Wed 06-May-15 17:55:54

Mine aren't that horizontal. Those look like lines under eye bags. Mine are distinctively on a more diagonal plane.

Skinheadmermaid Wed 06-May-15 18:01:34

Ohh i've had those since I was born-I didn't know there was a name for them!
shock
CBA with fillers though. grin

poppym12 Wed 06-May-15 18:15:03

that's the things! (i didn't realise they had a name). i have a look at some videos to try to disguise them. hope i can find a good concealer that is also BUAV approved.

for people who have tried fillers, roughly how much do they cost and how long does it last?

AgathaF Wed 06-May-15 21:31:47

Fillers cost from around £400-£600, depending on where you go and how much filler you need (ie how deep they are). They last around a year, although they tend to last about 18 months on me. Nothing else gives such a good effect though. I tried so many products and different ways of concealing. I reckon most things actually made them look worse. The lovely thing with fillers is that you leave wherever you are to have them done and look instantly better.

EssexMummy123 Wed 06-May-15 22:47:09

Hi Agatha - i've been thinking about having tear trough fillers, are they painful? and does it leave bruising afterwards?

AgathaF Thu 07-May-15 12:10:19

No,not painful, just a little uncomfortable. They don't usually leave bruises. I did bruise slightly once but it was really covered by make up.

Marmaladybird Thu 07-May-15 12:48:02

Me too - I thought they were bags! No wonder all the eye-crap I've been buying doesn't work. I don't think I've got the guts for fillers though.

LadyPenny Thu 07-May-15 13:09:35

I paid £400 nearly a year ago for my fillers. Still going strong.

I had 3 or 4 tiny black bruises under each eye where the needle went in. It didn't hurt at all.

Best money I've ever spent. I look so much fresher and the money I've saved on eye creams and concealers goes a long way towards paying for my next treatment.

poppym12 Thu 07-May-15 13:10:58

i've been watching a few videos on how to disguise them - usually by very young, pretty girls where you can barely see them anyway. not helpful. my glasses used to hide mine (from me anyway) but i had laser eye surgery 12 months ago so they're really noticeable now (they jump out of the mirror at me now i have eyes that work).

ApplePaltrow Thu 07-May-15 18:00:24

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap83Zm0pA7o&index=13&list=WL

the rest of the makeup is atrocious (so ignore) but her technique works.

ApplePaltrow Thu 07-May-15 18:03:52

And what I mean by "the rest of it is atrocious) is that she fills them in with a REALLY light concealer because she is doing a kim kardashian style contouring. If you use contouring products one shade above your skin tone, they'd be perfect. Starts at about 5.45.

tomanyanimals Thu 07-May-15 20:13:29

Bobby brown corrector and concealer does a decent job of reducing them best one I've used yet but a no7 highlighter concealer came very close

poppym12 Thu 07-May-15 21:41:41

good video apple, thank you.

must admit, i didn't realise i wore (and owned!) so little makeup until i began watching videos.

feel the need to go shopping tomorrow. hopefully i'll be able to find the things i need in the BUAV approved brands i use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now