Talk

Advanced search

Dress for night out in Dubai??

(5 Posts)
splodgeness Tue 05-May-15 14:55:21

I have a couple of outfits ready, but could really do with a dress for a night out (restaurant/hotel bar etc). Am finding it really hard, as it needs to be "modest" and it is 40 degrees there but we will be in a lot of air con.

Was thinking a black maxi dress (but they all seem a bit droopy), or I will need a little jacket, or shoulder cover up. Or a black knee length dress with sleeves (but all seem a bit hot). Any thoughts??

SteveBrucesNose Tue 05-May-15 15:02:38

Don't worry about modesty in hotel bars and restaurants, unless the people you're with will be bothered by it. You'll be shocked with the sights you see, the amount of almost-arse you see with horrifically short skirts, and the more cleavage the better according to lots of women here.

Where are you going? Which hotel? Might help us gauge what kind of covering you you really need.

If you're worried, wear any dress you'd normally wear but grab a pashmina in case you feel awkward. Lots of people have random wraps with them for round their shoulders in case of coldness.

ooerrmissus Tue 05-May-15 15:11:56

Lots of lovely maxi dresses on ASOS. This one is fabulous on, I wore it to the restaurant in the Burj Khalifa a few weeks ago

www.asos.com/Warehouse/Warehouse-Glamour-Maxi-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5061225&cid=9979&Rf-200=3,33&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Navy&totalstyles=80&gridsize=3

splodgeness Tue 05-May-15 15:17:01

Thats good to know Steve. We are staying on Jumeirah Beach area (Hilton) then somewhere a bit nearer the old town area, but will be going out in the town with friends (from UK) that live there. So not sure what to expect really so wanted to have all bases covered. But it seems like the pashmina will be my friend.

So just need to find a nice Little Black Dress!

HumourlessHarpy Tue 05-May-15 15:49:40

Agree that the hotels are pretty much a do as you please zone sartorially. The shopping malls have large signs on dress codes, and when I lived there had periodic 'decency' crackdowns, but there was inevitably some tourist who had wandered in from the beach with her leopardskin bikini showing through a beach cover-up.

But a shrug or pashmina is useful fir the many indoor spaces while are aur-conditioned to glacial temperatures.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now