Talk

Advanced search

What does creating a wardrobe that works for your lifestyle and body shape mean to you?

(5 Posts)
MummyOS25 Tue 05-May-15 14:45:39

Hi All, since becoming a mother, and not returning to the corporate world, my lifestyle is different compared to before. And what I found is that my wardrobe hardly evolved with my lifestyle changes.

when I was in the post pregnancy - nursing phase , I hardly made an attempt to look good , I stayed in some of my pregnancy tops and jeans with the view that I will buy stuff once I achieve my ideal weight.

but of course I'm still far away form my ideal weight, and what I found is my wardrobe is filled with bits and bops that doesn't really work and its depressing every morning to find something to wear on the go.

Anyway I plucked up the courage to pay for a personal stylist and it was the best thing I did. I don't mean to sound shallow, but she saved me time finding me clothes that fitted my pear shape, casual attire that I could use with my boys . all ym reservations about will they know what suits me, what if I don't like ( just say no haha) , and finding items within my budget turned out to be positive.

it has certainly had/has an uplifting effect on me, I'm now feeling more confident, Im happy to pick stuff out of my wardrobe, as I have downsized tremendously to just a capsule wardrobe.

I know not everyone might want to invest in a stylist, though I wondered how many of you have thought of changing your wardrobe but haven't plucked up the courage and what is stopping you from doing so and what does it mean to you to have a wardrobe that works for you?

Im just trying to understand if its just me feeling this way, or is anyone out there in the same boat as me.

Coastingit Tue 05-May-15 15:20:45

I don't understand your question confused

Are you a personal stylist?

HumourlessHarpy Tue 05-May-15 16:03:38

Is there a question, or just advertising?

AddToBasket Tue 05-May-15 17:17:30

Do you want us to ask who you are she is?

MummyOS25 Tue 05-May-15 21:33:07

haha nope am not....I was just wondering if everyone felt the same ....

I would probably not need those answers if I am....

I spoke to a few close friends and most of them don't use stylist...and I only used one because another friend i trust recommended me.

So just got me thinking, I read a lot about people asking for style advice, so was just wondering why don't they get a stylist.

My previous background is research - so I just tend to ask random questions. Sorry can't help myself.

But no advertising - and feel free to find out smile nothing to hide here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now