Talk

Advanced search

Coconut oil or not?

(11 Posts)
LettuceLaughton Tue 05-May-15 08:41:58

Have read that it both is and isn't a pore clogger when used on teh face / for oil cleansing confused

Anyone know for sure?

Turquoiseblue Tue 05-May-15 10:22:02

I use it on hair pre swims but tbh don't find it that great on skin, but then I love buying moisturisers gringrin

KneeQuestion Tue 05-May-15 10:25:50

I have oily/combo skin and use coconut oil on my face, it does not clog my pores.

It actually cleared them out, when I first started using it, blackheads would just come right out when I wiped it off my face.

cuntyMcCunterson Tue 05-May-15 10:33:34

I personally can't use it on my skin as it causes me to break out horribly. I've tried persevering to see it it got better over time but it didn't improve and took me about s month to get my skin back to normal.

squoosh Tue 05-May-15 10:37:16

Hate the stuff. Made my face feel like sandpaper and clogged my pores.

Comedogenic ratings of oils

TheSpottedZebra Tue 05-May-15 10:41:08

I hate it too. It does clog my pores, and my house must be freezing along with my hands as I can never get the stuff to melt.

(Squoosh - 'Tis the 2nd time just now I've posted after you/to you. I am not stalking you, I promise )

mirpuppet Tue 05-May-15 10:43:13

I break out when I use it on my face. It is fine on my body.

LettuceLaughton Tue 05-May-15 10:45:30

Excellent link, thanks Squoosh!

I've been using sf oil but thought coconut might be better - I do like it for hair and body. Think I'll just stick with the sunflower for cleansing then smile

squoosh Tue 05-May-15 10:47:29

<issues S&B restraining order to SpottedZebra>

TheSpottedZebra Tue 05-May-15 10:58:41

<covers up design for WWSD (What Would Squoosh Do?) tattoo>

grin

squoosh Tue 05-May-15 10:59:21

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now