Advanced search

What is this style of dress called?

(12 Posts)
BigPawsBrown Mon 04-May-15 23:20:28

I have had some luck by searching for kimono dresses but really what I like is the sort of big arm holes, whereas kimono dresses bring up elaborate massive sleeves and "obi" wraps. I just want a dress like the attached, which is sort of like a triangle shape? But I can't find one because I don't know what to search for!

BikeRunSki Mon 04-May-15 23:21:38

Batwing sleeve

BigPawsBrown Mon 04-May-15 23:25:45

Hmm typing batwing dress into asks has brought up only four results, one of which was this terrifying dress

Do you know if you walk into h&m at the moment, most of their work tops would have these big arm holes? I sound mad, but they're not bat wings, they're just a slightly different cut of normal sleeves...

BigPawsBrown Tue 05-May-15 07:36:26


MoustacheofRonSwanson Tue 05-May-15 08:24:41

Try fluted/flutter sleeves

BigPawsBrown Tue 05-May-15 22:58:08

Bump smilegrin

SwedishEdith Tue 05-May-15 23:03:12

Tent dress?

honeycrest Wed 06-May-15 00:51:34

I had something like that years ago from mango. Isn't it just a belted tunic dress?

Nettletheelf Wed 06-May-15 00:59:05

I thought 'tunic dress' before I read honey's post.

coffeenut Wed 06-May-15 01:42:43

waterfall sleeve? reiss

BrockAuLit Wed 06-May-15 01:54:17

I just think Grecian Goddess when I see that style. I have a gorgeous version in bottle green but it's really old and I can't remember where I got it from <unhelpful>.

PerspicaciaTick Wed 06-May-15 01:59:32

I googled "belted sack dress" and got a few similar things grin. Not sure if it was matching on the "belt" or the "sack".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now