Make up you tubers

(23 Posts)
Lj8893 Mon 04-May-15 21:18:24

I love watching you tube make up tutorials and getting new ideas and learning techniques etc

Anyone got any recommendations of who I should check out?

Same for hair!

BonahBubbleHead Mon 04-May-15 21:21:15

I like watching desi Perkins and jaclyn hill.
I copied a desi tutorial a couple of weeks ago for a night out and it was the best I've ever looked!

Jaclyn is a bit young and talkative but I enjoy --wasting hours--watching her videos.

BonahBubbleHead Mon 04-May-15 21:22:31

Oh they are a bit more full on than the Lisa Eldridge type of videos btw.

(And strikethrough fail above!)

Lj8893 Mon 04-May-15 21:24:49

Thank you I will check them out!

Don't worry, I love wasting hours watching them too.

Hobbitwife001 Mon 04-May-15 21:27:38

I like Lisa Eldridge, Wayne Goss, Pixiewoo, Tanya Burr, they are all really good at what they do, some are aimed more at the younger end of the scale, it depends what you want really, and some of the products they use are very high end, so if you want to create the same effect, it can be quite expensive.

Lj8893 Mon 04-May-15 21:28:28

I love Tanya burr! I will check the others out, more procrastinating for me grin

mowglik Mon 04-May-15 23:08:20

I love Wayne goss for amazing make up tips, esp for oily skins

Annarose2014 Mon 04-May-15 23:27:39

Lisa Eldridge is the Queen. But Sharon Farrell is funny and has great skills.

lurkingaround Mon 04-May-15 23:34:38

Omg I must be tired! I read the title of the thread and translated it as 'make up you potatoes' (vaguely wondered about tuberous begonias..) blush and wondered what the hell has make up got to do with potatoes?! Also wondered is it a term of endearment. Had to click and see. Jeez I'm off to bed.....

ZacharyQuack Mon 04-May-15 23:38:55

I like Shameless Fripperies. She's australian, quite funny and very very pretty.

BunnyLebowski Mon 04-May-15 23:39:11

I can't bear Jaclyn Hill, Desi Perkins or Tanya Burr. Or Fleur or Essie or Lily Pebbles or any of the Gleam Team (Pixiwoo are the exception). Hate Wayne Goss and his stupid Click Bait titles and graphics.

Sharon Farrell is ace. Down to earth, funny and very talented.

Cora from Vintage or Tacky is also amazingly talented.

NikkieTutorials is also very talented but recently her looks have become a wee bit samey and her getting lip fillers at such a young age has put me off her.

Also love Kathleen Lights, Siobhan from Letz Makeup and Shonagh Scott.

WiggleGinger Mon 04-May-15 23:44:07

Another yes for Sharon Farrel
I do like Viviannadoesmakeup
Lisa Eldridge
Charlotte tilbury has a channel too

Behooven Mon 04-May-15 23:46:49

I thought you were calling us potatoes grin

WienerDiva Mon 04-May-15 23:57:59

I quite like Wayne Goss, although I find Pinterest really useful tol.

ladyamberfraser Tue 05-May-15 00:01:16

Lisa eldridge also Liddie-loo is very good

MoustacheofRonSwanson Tue 05-May-15 05:56:19

I thought you were calling everyone "potato". I am old.

But I do quite like that Goss boy.

Lj8893 Tue 05-May-15 08:29:11

gringringringrin Potatoes! Sorry everyone I wasn't calling you potatoes. Or looking for make up tips for potatoes or anything like that!

I have loads to check out now, thank you! smile

Allie82 Tue 05-May-15 22:37:29

Makeupbytiffanyd is my all time favourite!

Fabulassie Wed 06-May-15 07:09:32

I find Lisa Eldridge is really great at "how-to's" - like how to do a cat-eye flick or how to do a smokey eye. Awesome step-by-step stuff. Wayne Goss is great for new ideas and tips. He will forever have my love for his tip on putting powder underneath foundation.

I think one reason I like Goss is he puts stuff on his own face (he says he doesn't actually wear makeup in real life, that's just for demo.) Since so many vloggers are young girls and I'm a mature woman I figure a lot of it doesn't apply to me. But by some odd twist of logic I think "If it looks good on a 30-something man, it will probably work on me, too." And so far, it has! He raved about the Dior AirFlash foundation and I ran out to buy it and it's my Holy Grail (so far.)

I have seen PixieWoo and they seem good but they haven't really gotten my attention the way the other two have.

CandyApocalypse Wed 06-May-15 08:17:18

I like Fleur, Lisa Eldridge and Pixiewoo. I have gone off Essie a bit recently, though not exactly sure why. I cannot stand Tanya Burr. Wayne Goss has a few really good tutorials as well. I also watch Glamlifeguru.

Annarose2014 Wed 06-May-15 14:31:15

Oooh I forgot about glamlifeguru - I like how often she posts videos and she's down to earth.

TiffanyD is a nice girl, but lets face it, she "hauls" hundreds of dollars worth of product every single week, and then sits there and waffles on for half an hour. I preferred her when she was poor and sat in her tiny closet with all her shoes behind her and did more tutorials.

Candy I ecxpect the reason you've gone off Essie is the same as me. She used to be a bit of a funny geek but now she's a slick polished shiller of product. Shame.

BunnyLebowski Wed 06-May-15 14:38:03

YY Essie is a total shill.

I can't be doing with TiffanyD. That "super" fake, "super" annoying American perky type isn't for me. Same as Jaclyn and many others.

I find Tati rather dull.

I do like MissBudgetBeauty and her other more spendy channel.

Have you ever ventured into GOMI? It's full of juice gossip about beauty gurus. I've wasted many an hour in there grin .

Annarose2014 Wed 06-May-15 19:45:48

No but I will now!

I may or may not have lurked in Gurugossiper......blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now