Talk

Advanced search

Superdrug MUA

(24 Posts)
lucysmam Mon 04-May-15 20:22:27

I started a thread earlier asking about their powders and bronzer & it sounds like they're good so I'm going to pick a couple up tomorrow.

I just wondered what else is good? smile

I'm very impressed by their eyeshadows, I have the pink eyeshadow trio and it's excellent. Lipgloss isn't great, but lipstick is good considering the price.

LoadsaBlusher Mon 04-May-15 20:55:39

MUA Undress my skin highlighter powder.
It gives a great shimmer on my cheekbones / eye socket area.
Also their nude lipstick Bare is one of my all time favourites.

Walkingonsunshine00 Mon 04-May-15 21:00:26

They're eyeshadow pallette in Undress Me is a dupe for a naked pallette (can't remember which!) £4 and great quality- I use it everyday! smile

ygritte Mon 04-May-15 21:08:48

I would look at Revolution brand in Superdrug, much better.

OneLittleLady Mon 04-May-15 21:09:38

all the eyeshadow palettes are good but the new Elysium one is even better. lots of lovely shades in both shimmery and matte in it and it comes with a double ended pencil thats liner on one end and highlighter on the other

lucysmam Mon 04-May-15 21:09:49

ygritte, they don't stock Revolution in my local Superdrug, I've looked before after seeing recommendations on here.

lucysmam Tue 05-May-15 21:41:40

Well, I had a look today and came out empty handed and disappointed sad

The stand was 3/4 empty, no lippy that I could see, only a couple of very dark bronzers and powders, no mascara.

I'll be hunting down another cheap brand to try now...

daftyburd Tue 05-May-15 21:45:19

Mua have a website you can order directly from. All the good stuff seems to sell out really quickly in my local Superdrug too. Only downside is I order way too much online to justify postage.

lucysmam Tue 05-May-15 21:47:16

Oooh, I never think to look for these things online! Amazon tends to be my 'go to' website & I never look elsewhere.

I still have a bit of cash burning a hole in my pocket so will have a look. Thank you smile

DustBunnyFarmer Tue 05-May-15 21:49:33

I'm very impressed by their eyeshadows, I have the pink eyeshadow trio and it's excellent.

If its the shimmery shiny pink trio I bought the same one at the weekend & it is excellent.

Carpinteria Tue 05-May-15 21:50:00

Its OK, imo, but it's cheap and looks it.

I really can't think they can compete with Urban Decay's naked - they are poles apart.

lucysmam Tue 05-May-15 21:50:50

Carp some folks' budget doesn't stretch quite that far.

Patatas Tue 05-May-15 21:53:52

The eyebrow shadow is brilliant, far better than dearer brands. The single eye shadow is good too. Great value for money.

DaftSkunk Tue 05-May-15 21:57:44

lucysmam you light want to look at W7 makeup on eBay/Amazon, it's not too pricey. I bought one of their chunky cheeks blushers which is really good.

lucysmam Tue 05-May-15 22:02:54

Patatas there weren't many eyeshadows to be had either.

Daft I will have a look, thank you smile

DidgeDoolittle Tue 05-May-15 22:16:58

I've seen w7 make up palettes in New Look.

lucysmam Tue 05-May-15 22:27:02

Thanks Didge, I'll have to start venturing a bit further afield than poundshops and Primarni I think. I tend to stick to wherever's super cheap but think I'm in need of an overhaul.

Branleuse Tue 05-May-15 22:35:00

lots of people seemed to rave about their lipsticks but i didnt think much of the ones I tried. Theyd be fine for a teenager

daftyburd Tue 05-May-15 23:19:06

W7 in B&M too.

I really liked a colour of lipstick that was very different from my usual pinky/brown or red. Matte Lilac Belle. Bought it for a £1 and found it really suited me. Means I now know to be a little more adventurous when buying my expensive going out lipsticks.

CandyApocalypse Wed 06-May-15 08:20:19

I personally prefer Revolution and W7, but MUA's eyeshadows are okay, as are their lip products. I didn't get on with their face products though, but have dry skin - not sure if that's why.

ScooseIsLoose Wed 06-May-15 09:36:40

I agree with carp there's no comparison I was really disappointed with mua eye shadows so will be sticking with my urban decay. I do find sleek makeup quite good tho think they sell that in super drug. The rose gold blush is lovely I actually prefer it to nars.

DreamToSleep Wed 06-May-15 10:17:18

I like my MUA undressed palette I think the colour pay off is good especially in the shimmery shades. there's no way I could afford Naked, and I've had compliments on my eye make up when I've used the Undressed version.
I haven't tried W7 though, that looks really good. I really rate Sleek, unfortunately I can't find it in my local store, I've only found it when I've been in the next town

lucysmam Wed 06-May-15 11:21:46

I haven't heard of Sleek, I'll nip back into Superdrug for another look next time I'm in town.

Thanks for the suggestions of other brands to look at smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now