Make up brushes

(19 Posts)
feedmenow Mon 04-May-15 11:26:04

I'm after recommendations for a make up brush set.
My daughter has asked for a nice set for her 16th birthday and I'd love to get her something good - ideally a name that she'll know (shouldn't really matter but it does to a teenager!).
If the expensive ones are really worth it then I'll probably surpress my horror at the price and go for it but I am pretty clueless! Help please!

BunnyLebowski Mon 04-May-15 11:33:40

Zoeva.

They're amazing and very reasonable. They also ship very quickly. They have a set of Rose Gold brushes that are really pretty and, more importantly, really good quality.

feedmenow Mon 04-May-15 11:41:25

Thank you.
Would you go for the set with the holder or do you think it's unnecessary?

Philoslothy Mon 04-May-15 11:42:02

I bought my daughters the real techniques brushes. I think the face ones are very good, the eye ones are not as good as my MAC ones but for the price good. They have released some new ones which are more expensive so probably better

seb1 Mon 04-May-15 11:45:53

My dd is 15 has a couple of real technique brushes but bought these ones and really likes them Lydia they get 4.5 stars on amazon over 292 reviews. A full set is less than 1 real techniques brush HTH

BunnyLebowski Mon 04-May-15 12:10:18

The holder isn't required. She can buy pretty pots and vases to store them in. That's what I do.

If she's in any way into makeup then decent brushes are a perfect present smile .

Philoslothy Mon 04-May-15 12:15:11

I bought a set of cheaper make up brushes from eBay in a leather look wrap and put real techniques brushes in the wrap.

mrssmooth Mon 04-May-15 12:19:22

I use Real Techniques and think they're very good. They are on offer in boots (buy one get one half price) and in super drug (3 for 2). I got the core set and have added to it.

Walkingonsunshine00 Mon 04-May-15 12:20:55

Zoeva
Real Techniques
Stigma

Philoslothy Mon 04-May-15 12:21:09

You can also buy real techniques brushes boxed on eBay. Do check that they are cheaper than somewhere like boots if they have a deal on though.

GatoradeMeBitch Mon 04-May-15 15:24:09

Yep, Zoeva. Real Techniques brushes are good, but I find they start to lose their shape after being washed a few times. Zoeva is my new favourite. I bought the rose gold set, I love them.

Bostonpj Mon 04-May-15 16:24:54

Real Techniques - I bought the starter set and the travel essentials set from Amazon for around £10 each. The price does fluctuate so if you can hold off buying you can save quite a bit.

Twitchcoco Mon 04-May-15 16:38:33

Ooh, buy the Japonesque brush cleaner to go with them! It's gorgeous. No idea what it's like but it's the prettiest thing ever.

www.amazon.co.uk/JAPONESQUE-MS-055-Solid-Brush-Cleaner/dp/B00IBDDD5M

GingerLDN Tue 05-May-15 17:03:44

Real techniques ones are great. They do a metallics range too which are so pretty.

Leviticus Tue 05-May-15 17:22:18

Came on to suggest Real Techniques too. Great brushes. If you want to spoil her you could buy her a brush from MAC too - a big face brush or blusher brush maybe.

AliaMairns Tue 05-May-15 17:31:51

Another vote for Real Techniques. I just bought the sponge too which is really good!

VacantExpression Tue 05-May-15 18:10:12

I've always used body shop brushes and loved them but might try some of the ones above now!

Allie82 Tue 05-May-15 22:32:54

Real techniques are really good quality for the price especially for 'face' brushes. Sigma and Mac are good for eye brushes. Never used zoeva but heard great things.

Iatemyskinnyperson Wed 06-May-15 07:26:58

Another vote for zoeva. Really lovely. I prefer them to my Mac ones!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now