Talk

Advanced search

Sikh Wedding Attire

(3 Posts)
MrsFruitcake Fri 01-May-15 19:07:05

We have all been invited to a Sikh wedding in June. I really need some pointers regarding clothes.

The DCs are happy to dress up (Churidar for DD aged 11 and Kurta for DS aged 7) but DH and I are struggling. I'd love to wear a Salwar or Churidar myself but wondered if this would be acceptable as we are not Sikh?

Any ideas/help would be great please. I have been browsing the Rupali website and theres so much lovely stuff on there but I am holding back until I know what's okay. smile

mowglik Fri 01-May-15 19:10:08

Hi - just speaking for myself but I think it looks really nice when I see non-Asian people wearing Salwars or sarees to Asian weddings.. U can push the boat out and try wearing a saree u might really enjoy the experience of swishing around looking regal smile

CoolCadbury Fri 01-May-15 19:38:51

mrsfruitcake yes, I too think Asian clothes on non-Asian looks nice. A lehenga is a good compromise to a sari. I think your DH should just wear a suit though, but he needs to bring something to cover his head if you are going to the ceremony bit as well.

I bet your DC will look adorable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now