Talk

Advanced search

help to repair my cracked heels please

(22 Posts)
kiwidreamer Thu 30-Apr-15 22:55:17

I need some heavy duty repair work on my heels before I wear patent leather sling backs for a wedding in a few months.

I have the soap and glory foot file, its good but not enough... is the footner stuff really worth the money... or those Scholl battery operated foot graters??

holdyourown Thu 30-Apr-15 23:01:10

sorry if its a silly question but are you moisturising straight afterwards? burts bees coconut foot stuff is great, or flexitol

Lovetheleaves Thu 30-Apr-15 23:01:22

i find a pumice stone is good and a foot file. Also when going to bed slather in cream and socks. I'm currently using l'occitane foot cream and find its good. I suffer from ridiculously dry feet but I find if I keep on top of it nightly they are much better.

sassytheFIRST Thu 30-Apr-15 23:08:53

Foot file followed by flexitol then socks to bed for a few days. Baby soft heels.

321zerobaby Thu 30-Apr-15 23:12:28

As above, Flexitol every night, and foot file after soak in bath or shower.

Fabulassie Thu 30-Apr-15 23:13:49

If it's bad, try a foot razor thingy. Sold in boots next to the files (but not in the beauty department - over by where they sell insoles, etc.) Soak your feet for a good long while and then shave off the dead skin.

In my observation, cracked heels are common when women wear sandals a lot, which your OP doesn't indicate you do. Anyway, after you've filed/shaved off the dead skin, slather your feet in lots of vaseline (do this while feet are still a bit moist from the bath/soak) and wear thick socks to bed.

Mytholmroyd Thu 30-Apr-15 23:14:10

yes Flexitol - smelly but it works like magic

marshmum Thu 30-Apr-15 23:14:22

I'm another one for smoothing with a pumice stone regularly and recently tried using up the tube of Lansinoh I had left over from breastfeeding - it's working brilliantly applied most bedtimes. I think I've got the name vaguely right, it's medical grade lanolin for cracked nipples but seems to be excellent for heels too!

Sansarya Thu 30-Apr-15 23:16:41

There's also those weird sock things that you wear and then a week later all the dead skin on your feet just peels off. Can't remember what they're called though.

MmeMorrible Thu 30-Apr-15 23:20:06

Definitely Flexitol. The ordinary heel repair stuff is 25% urea and there is also a platinum version with 30% urea if you need even faster results.

Soak feet, dry, gently file off hard skin with soap and glory file or similar, apply flexitol to heels & balls of feet then normal nice smelling lotion to rest of feet (body shop peppermint foot lotion is lovely) the put on thin cotton socks and leave them on overnight. If it's hot use an old pair of socks and cut off the toes so your heels are still protected.

ursuslemonade Thu 30-Apr-15 23:28:52

Start with Newtons chiropody sponge. Best advice I got from mn.
£2 from ebay. My awful heels looked amazing after first use. Then use flexitol or scholl every night.

somethingmorepositive Fri 01-May-15 02:55:03

Behold, Footner.

rootypig Fri 01-May-15 04:40:22

Footner is worth it, yup. Do it now, then maintain religiously all summer. If you don't keep up filing and moisturising afterward, your perfect feet will go back to scaly hooves without you even noticing. The voice of experience!

dexter73 Fri 01-May-15 07:11:15

Go to a chiropodist and get it all cut off. Then you can use the files and creams to keep them nice.

kiwidreamer Fri 01-May-15 15:34:05

I think that's the problem, I wear sandals a lot and hate going to,bed with slimy feet. I need to remember to put the lotions on while I'm watching telly in the evening. I soak and file every couple of weeks but hooves I have still.

MamaLazarou Fri 01-May-15 15:52:30

I used Footner on the recommendation of someone here. I hated it!

Newtons foot chiropody sponge followed by flexitol works for me. Also, softening socks from Boots.

Lovetheleaves Fri 01-May-15 17:12:10

My chiropodist told me that flip flops and sandals are the worst thing for your feet and also high heels. If she had her way we would all be walking around in sturdy black lace ups

Pippin8 Fri 01-May-15 17:59:02

I loved footner, it worked so well & strangely I also loved the peeling skin. I had to keep emptying my shoes!

I had gel polish on my toes 2 weeks after & the beautician said 'whatever it is you've used on your feet it's amazing'. I'm definitely going to maintain it by filing & putting flexitol on every few days.

Cocolepew Fri 01-May-15 18:04:21

Ive just orderdd a chiropady sponge from Amazon, hope it works!

Piffpaffpoff Fri 01-May-15 18:08:02

I do the Scholl rotating foot file thing and Flexitol and that works if I do it every other day or so. I also get moisturising plastic bag foot sock things out of pound land which are good to do once a week. It's constant effort!!

possumbird Fri 01-May-15 18:09:23

Flexitol is brilliant.
I'm not keen on slimy feelt either! but I put socks on afterwards .
SEXY!

Madamecastafiore Fri 01-May-15 18:55:06

Try and have a mavex treatment at a salon near you. They stick these cloth things on your feet then scrape off the residue with a file thing. It's amazing. I had mine done just after a footner sock thingy had done its peeling best and this knocked bloody spots (and skanky dead skin) off of footner and my feet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now