Talk

Advanced search

which bomber style jacket

(6 Posts)
hettie Thu 30-Apr-15 17:00:23

Am hankering after a jacket for spring/cool summer days... Which should I go for?
In my head I have a kind of cool/urban edgy style so normaly more likely to be wearing skinny jeans/leather leggings or hush type harems rather than long floaty skirts grin

hettie Thu 30-Apr-15 17:14:37

the second one is more practical as it has a concealed hood and is shower proof, the bomber jacket is down...

louloubelle2 Thu 30-Apr-15 17:40:15

The second one isn't a bomber jacket. At all. It's just a padded jacket. Sorry.

The actual bomber jacket is very nice, bombers are in fashion at the moment, so its more a trend led purchase, which I would say go for unless its over £100, or the cost doesn't bother you.

The second jacket is also nice but far more classic and I reckon you'd get more seasons wear out of it. It does look really warm though, will you really get lots of wear out of it through the summer?

So, I guess it depends how much they are, and how much you're bothered about current fashion over lasting style?

hettie Thu 30-Apr-15 18:23:42

Mmme good point, they are both £50.... I really like the idea of having something current, so the 'actual' bomber jacket wins out on that. The other jacket is a bit more practical (but looks it too!)

louloubelle2 Thu 30-Apr-15 19:40:00

For £50 I'd go for the bomber. For the other style, I just think its more autumn/winter, and therefore I'd wait till all the AW ranges come out and get one that actually offered some proper cold and wet weather protection as well for that style.

hettie Thu 30-Apr-15 19:48:42

thanks- decision made- the bomber it is (it's from uniqlo btw)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now